CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
My 2021 Talon R 2 seat needs a new u-joint. Does anyone know what the Spicer part number is? Thanks in advance.
Also, it came loose once, it will come loose again - tack weld the caps to the yoke. And move your ground clamp so you're not running current through the u-joint rollers. :eek:

Reactions: Blownzuki and TxDoc
H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
The joint has to have a press fit. Some of the yokes were bad, you could install the bearing caps with your hands. I recommen installing the high-end Super ATV drive shaft.

SuperATV - The Leader in Aftermarket UTV / ATV Parts and Accessories

Prp03 002f 1 1 1

ScottJ24

ScottJ24

Lifetime Member
Nov 30, 2020
Cresson, TX
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Also, it came loose once, it will come loose again - tack weld the caps to the yoke. And move your ground clamp so you're not running current through the u-joint rollers. :eek:
The bearing cup was defective and burned thru when tacking it in place. When I pulled the u joint it was paper thin on the edge. None of the cups were loose. Just tacking them for safety. All other cups tacked just fine. So new u joint going in.

Last edited:
D

Dankathy

May 4, 2020
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Get your old one out, take it to napa to match up. Spicer 1000 series commonly used in pto and truck steering shafts. If you really want to spend $400 on a new shaft instead of $60 for a pair of u-joints satv is a good choice

Last edited: