P1000 Drive indicator

JCBuckster

JCBuckster

Dec 7, 2020
Hurricane Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-3
On a P1000-3. I got a clunk when I went from park to drive and moved forward about 10 feet. It’s the locked rear diff from being in park going into turf mode a little late. I adjusted the cables in the little black box behind the drivers seat under the bed, have done this before. But now, the drive indicator on the far right of the instrument panel only shows turf mode. I put it in 4 lock and it appears to be in 4 lock cause it’s hard to steer and the steering spins to neutral when I let it go, but no indication in the drive box, and no yellow 4 lock light. Everything else works, fuel gauge, miles when I drive, temp gauge, speed and such. It worked fine last time I had it out. What do I need to look for! Thanks.

JCBuckster

JCBuckster

Dec 7, 2020
Hurricane Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Oh well, its off to the Honda dealer. Only 3100 miles on the odometer.
I'll report back with the results when I get it back. 8F5CDFD7 49E2 4B1D A89D 64B5C1A52031 IMG 3544241 IMG 3544241

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
On a P1000-3. I got a clunk when I went from park to drive and moved forward about 10 feet. It’s the locked rear diff from being in park going into turf mode a little late. I adjusted the cables in the little black box behind the drivers seat under the bed, have done this before. But now, the drive indicator on the far right of the instrument panel only shows turf mode. I put it in 4 lock and it appears to be in 4 lock cause it’s hard to steer and the steering spins to neutral when I let it go, but no indication in the drive box, and no yellow 4 lock light. Everything else works, fuel gauge, miles when I drive, temp gauge, speed and such. It worked fine last time I had it out. What do I need to look for! Thanks.
I missed this post!
Did u try the search up top for this and cable adjustments? I know there's been many topics beyond what u already done. Good luck at the dealer! Hope they don't gouge u too bad.

JCBuckster

JCBuckster

Dec 7, 2020
Hurricane Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'll give them some time, when I dropped it off there were 5 SXS's ahead of me in the broke line, and another rig was dropped off after me!
By the way, there was a Red Pioneer 1K-5 on the lot, was loaded with goodies, for, hold on to something, $23805!

JCBuckster

JCBuckster

Dec 7, 2020
Hurricane Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Oh, and by the way, in my post with the double photos of the rig on the trailer, it was a mistake, and I could not get it corrected with edit. But, if you stare at photos, and cross your eyes just right, it appears in 3 dimensions!
Forgive me folks, I am buggy-less with time on my hands.

• Haha
Reactions: TripleB and Lady01
JCBuckster

JCBuckster

Dec 7, 2020
Hurricane Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The Honda dealer in St George, Utah did me good. They adjusted the cables in the little box behind the driver seat, and everything works. The adjustment puts the center cable forward more then the service manual shows, told to take a photo of it and use it for reference. And they did it for no charge! Man, they had me over a barrel and could have clobbered me, so I give them a big thumbs up. I tipped the service manager a $20.

advertisement