P1000 doors

J

JohnyRingo

Apr 3, 2015
Does anyone plan on removing the doors on the P1000 and riding without the doors?

HondaTim

HondaTim

Feb 8, 2014
Does anyone plan on removing the doors on the P1000 and riding without the doors?
I haven't seen anyone try it. I wouldn't attempt it unless I had harness's and the trail was completely clear from debris and sticks/logs.

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
I've seen a 700 without doors, I may try removing mine next summer as I'm in and out of it a lot. I'm not worried about stick coming in thru the sides as I am about the ones that come threw the floors.

B

bob3663

Lifetime Member
Mar 18, 2014
Why don't you want doors if I may ask?

J

JohnyRingo

Apr 3, 2015
I currently have an older polaris ranger without doors and just wanted to know if anyone will be or has taken the doors off. It looks like something that just may end up rattling anyway.

T

Test_Eng

Jan 10, 2016
The doors have a lot of adjustment in them to keep them from rattling. Plus adding some electrical tape to the latch made a huge improvement also. I also came from the Polaris world 800XP and for how easy it is to open the door on these Honda 1000 I'd rather take the safe approach and leave them.

Reactions: Bradmc87
franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The pins are a pain to remove, had to scratch up the plastic molding around pins to remove. Removed pins from door to remove for easier exit out of trailer. Now just pull rig to max one side and squeeze out. Only drawback to enclosed trailer besides weight.

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
I removed mine a few days ago on the front right side to take a piece of plastic off I probably could take them off and on in about 5 mins just 4 bolts easy enough.

advertisement
franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I removed mine a few days ago on the front right side to take a piece of plastic off I probably could take them off and on in about 5 mins just 4 bolts easy enough.

View attachment 9791
Not quite sure, you unscrewed the whole door hinges with the pins in place? I was reluctant to do that, afraid the door would not close properly without adjustments? You had no closure problems? Let me know.

Reactions: Jack39
Kilo427

Kilo427

Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
I mean to take doors off I just unbolted 4 bolts hinges an all. If I were to leave them off I would prob just stick bolts back in. I just bolted them back on when I was done. I do have electrical tape around latching mechanism but it looks to line up and fit back like it did. Maybe I got lucky but it's not quite as finicky as a car door on alignment. I can yank it off takes pics and put it on so you can see if yah want. I'm about half tempted to take the doors off anyhow. Let me know

S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
I mean to take doors off I just unbolted 4 bolts hinges an all. If I were to leave them off I would prob just stick bolts back in. I just bolted them back on when I was done. I do have electrical tape around latching mechanism but it looks to line up and fit back like it did. Maybe I got lucky but it's not quite as finicky as a car door on alignment. I can yank it off takes pics and put it on so you can see if yah want. I'm about half tempted to take the doors off anyhow. Let me know

When I have time. Im gonna take a door apart and see if putting shims (washers ) in the spots on the hinges were it looks like they should of went helps out with the alignment to help with rattling. Hate having electrical tapeon my rig

Reactions: LaVell
J

JohnyRingo

Apr 3, 2015

View attachment 9791
It looks like from the photo, that if you take the passenger door off, there is an opening into the dash area that would allow dirt and debris to get in. Is this right?

Kilo427

Kilo427

Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
No no I removed that area to access behind hood to run a snorkel. With doors it removed no Plastic needs to be taken off

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I'll be tempted to remove doors for hunting season.
If I'm sitting and glassing an area, I want to make a fast, quiet exit from the vehicle if something delicious comes into sight.