IMG_5102.jpeg

Dirt Digger Buggy- Pioneer 1000-6

2023 Honda Pioneer 1000-6 with Mods used as a driver around the town and some trail riding.
D

DirtDigger06

Feb 15, 2024
Cohutta, GA
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
It really hasn’t been that bad. But I will add that I don’t hot rod too too much and take turns pretty reasonable. I rolled one a few years back being dumb and I have changed a lot about how I drive because of it.
I have some Toyo R/T on my 250 and honestly they remind me a lot of it. These are a DOT tire and have a pretty thick sidewall (think 11 ply. Might be confused with the Toyos) which I think helps the tire hold and not try to roll. The Pioneer, because of the lift, feels a little top heavy as well. You can certainly feel it want to lean in a 35MPH turn.
Off-road wise I have been pretty happy. I have only run my property because of work and family sports, but have not had any issues there. It goes through pretty well given they are road based tire. I did take it on a bigger 100 acre job I have which had to be mowed and cleared. I rode it around out there in a lot of mowed thicket and never had a flat from stumps either so for me they passed the toughness test for sure.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yea, you wanna try and keep it shiny side up.
You could always add wheel spacers to widen the track a little bit for a more stable feeling. With the lift and tires your about 5” above stock ride height so a little width increase might be just the ticket.

Reactions: ChadD and Blownzuki
D

DirtDigger06

Feb 15, 2024
Cohutta, GA
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
I have thought about it but bumping those tires out that far means fender flares and I just don’t know if I can like that set up. Haha. May not have a choice.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Keep center of gravity in mind when installing stuff and keep heavy weights lower if at all possible.

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have thought about it but bumping those tires out that far means fender flares and I just don’t know if I can like that set up. Haha. May not have a choice.
I think all P1’s should consider adding mudbuster flares to them. Even on a stock tire set up. Makes all the difference especially if your married🥳

Do u have any pics to add for this new set up your describing?

D

DirtDigger06

Feb 15, 2024
Cohutta, GA
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
I think all P1’s should consider adding mudbuster flares to them. Even on a stock tire set up. Makes all the difference especially if your married🥳

Do u have any pics to add for this new set up your describing?
Just realized I haven’t updated my photos highlighting the mods. Work has picked up and it’s 6 days a week right now.

IMG 5103 IMG 5045