P1000 Digital temp gauge

S

Southernones

Sep 2, 2018
Sw Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone added a digital temperature gauge to the Pioneer 1000? I'm thinking of installing an inline sensor on the coolant hose either right out of the engine or at the radiator inlet.

Part numbers or ideas appreciated! I have some extra space on the dash and thinking it might be a good idea to watch with the new portals and heavier tires!

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Not that Im aware of? Digital volt meters yes, but not temp guage. The digital one on the dash has been sufficient for most If not all.
If u cant find it in the search, it most likely hasn't been done
Its intriguing Tho!

Why dont you just do it, make a parts list and a how too and post a thread on it so its Answered.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
The digital one on the dash has been sufficient for most If not all.
My Pioneer 1000-5 came with a digital temperature gauge from the factory ... :)

L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone added a digital temperature gauge to the Pioneer 1000? I'm thinking of installing an inline sensor on the coolant hose either right out of the engine or at the radiator inlet.

Part numbers or ideas appreciated! I have some extra space on the dash and thinking it might be a good idea to watch with the new portals and heavier tires!

Try this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Something like this would work. I got the idea from the Hondasxs site, somewhere. Search 'inline water temperature sensor' on ebay.

Link -
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1248276934...4shqethxkYRYE%3D|clp:2334524|tkp:BFBMjMj3hc9f

Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use my PV3 for my temps. Since my tune and thermostat change I never seem to go over 190. And that's all day hard trail riding. 2 bars on a factory unit is anywhere from 220 to 260. I didn't like that.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Dragbikedude

Dragbikedude

Aug 12, 2021
Home
Ownership

1. Talon X
I just installed the Dynojet Power Vision 3 on my Talon yesterday and haven't had a chance to really try it out yet but it looks like the coolant temp gauge is one of items from a list of 30 different items that works. Doubt if anyone would want to spend 400 bucks for just a temp gauge but I wanted it for the ability to upload tunes. Dynojet claims they have a tune that smooths out the shifts, raises the rev limiter by 300rpm, raises the mph governor among other things, I also wanted to add the launch control tune that they offer (still waiting on that tune). It has 4 gauge screens you can configure, each screen has 4 gauges you can set up. So I added things like RPM, MPH, coolant temp and gear indicator (it also has oil temp gauge but not sure if the Talon has a oil temp sensor yet) to the first screen and my plan was to mount it right behind the steering wheel since the OEM gauges on the Talon are in the center of the dash instead of directly in front of the driver where they should be but the included cable was too short by about 6-8 inches so I had to mount off to the left side of the dash but it is still more visible than the OEM gauges.

Update: Looks like the engine oil temp gauge does work, so a little added info for those interested in that kind of thing and the gear indicator is a nice little bonus whether you are in high or low and in automatic mode since the OEM gauges only read H or L while in auto mode.

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
2 bars on a factory unit is anywhere from 220 to 260. I didn't like that.
Yeah not good with a tune. When u tune, you change alot in your motor and drive train parameters and factory set ups are all but thrown out the window

Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah not good with a tune. When u tune, you change alot in your motor and drive train parameters and factory set ups are all but thrown out the window
Well except Hondas tuning is very odd to me. It was set up for EPA regulations hence the reason they run so hot and lean. The shifting is better than factory, and with my tune my motor will shut off before my clutches slip. So I have that

advertisement
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Well except Hondas tuning is very odd to me. It was set up for EPA regulations hence the reason they run so hot and lean. The shifting is better than factory, and with my tune my motor will shut off before my clutches slip. So I have that

Cant dissagree with the EPA stuff. I have a Talon ECU and the Snuff tune. shifts are much smoother and many many other things But they all match up nicely