P700 Differential lock

Mudzillah

Mudzillah

Dec 28, 2019
Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hello,

I have a 2019 Honda 700-4 and after a trail ride I noticed when I activate the 4wheel diff lock, the light periodically flashes... Almost like the differential is locking and unlocking... Wondering if this is normal or do I need to take it to dealer for warranty repair. Any info is much appreciated

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
check your front diff to make sure there isnt anything hanging lever up. if nothing there ,then probably linkage is off a little bit

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Backwoods
Mudzillah

Mudzillah

Dec 28, 2019
Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
check your front diff to make sure there isnt anything hanging lever up. if nothing there ,then probably linkage is off a little bit

I thought the diff lock was only for the rear differential?

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
no rear diff is always locked as its a full spool set up. the 1000s and big reds are the only ones with 1 wheel drive capability. on your front diff on the passengers side there is a lever coming out with springed cable attached to it. ill grab a pic in a minute when i get home

Reactions: Backwoods
Mudzillah

Mudzillah

Dec 28, 2019
Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
no rear diff is always locked as its a full spool set up. the 1000s and big reds are the only ones with 1 wheel drive capability. on your front diff on the passengers side there is a lever coming out with springed cable attached to it. ill grab a pic in a minute when i get home
Gotcha, I noticed when I was spinning the right front wasn't pulling so guess it's not locking... Thank you and I must have to adjust something...

Mudzillah

Mudzillah

Dec 28, 2019
Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
Gotcha, I noticed when I was spinning the right front wasn't pulling so guess it's not locking... Thank you and I must have to adjust something...

I adjusted it this afternoon and everything working fine.. thanks again!