P1000 Difference between the years?

Gumby

Gumby

Mar 9, 2018
Freedom, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi All,

I was all set to purchase a new one when my dealer, who is also a personal friend, called me to offer me his 2016 demo that he was using personally. The price is significantly better and I know it was taken care of and hardly used so I'm entertaining it.

He said that it doesn't have the cabin comfort kit yet, but will. Does that really help or is it just a band aid? Were there transmission issues as early as 16 or is that just the newer ones. I guess, what should I look for or make sure is done?

Thanks.

Reactions: BWAF
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hi.
Cabin kit is just a band aid. Though it will help, there are better options. Might as well get it while it's there tho
Yet. That's least of the worries.

You need confirmation the clutch update has been completed. He may say it's not having any issues. True, but most don't have issues until they are hot and in a bind. Doubt they encountered that in the parking lot. Lol. Plus It's free and covered by warranty.

Also, ask them to throw in the $8 updated intake cover. unless you plan to snokle. Then no need to worry about that.

If it's a good deal get it.

I think 2018's had a small programming update for the M/AT/Sport memory. Otherwise. No real updates.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gumby and BWAF
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
For got to speak about some other recalls.
Muffler, door handle, and balancing gear. All are required to be completed before he can sell it (if they apply) so no worries there.

Reactions: Gumby and BWAF
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The 17 and 18 models have a beefier rear receiver hitch than the 16. I would definitely upgrade to the new air intake cover.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Muffler, door handle, and balancing gear. All are required to be completed before he can sell it (if they apply) so no worries there.

What was the balancing gear for ? Haven't got anything on that !

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
What was the balancing gear for ? Haven't got anything on that !

It only applied to a very select few 2016 units. It was like a production error for (x) batch of balancers.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It only applied to a very select few 2016 units. It was like a production error for (x) batch of balancers.
Ok thanks

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hi All,

I was all set to purchase a new one when my dealer, who is also a personal friend, called me to offer me his 2016 demo that he was using personally. The price is significantly better and I know it was taken care of and hardly used so I'm entertaining it.

He said that it doesn't have the cabin comfort kit yet, but will. Does that really help or is it just a band aid? Were there transmission issues as early as 16 or is that just the newer ones. I guess, what should I look for or make sure is done?

Thanks.

It would have to be an incredibly good deal. Realise it's very soon to be considered 3 years old. How many miles on it? What model is it?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
He better be at least knocking 5000 off the price otherwise I wouldn't buy it.

Reactions: ohanacreek and BWAF
advertisement
G

Gunterpete

Nov 29, 2017
Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Hi there are the above mentioned warranty work ? I know about the muffler whats with the door handle and balancing gear ?
Thanks in advance

Gumby

Gumby

Mar 9, 2018
Freedom, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for all the replies!

I didn't know about the balancing gear or the intake plate but will mention it, along with the tranny, doors, and muffler.

Like I said, the price is right. It's the 1000-5 in Camo, has 1200 miles, roof, windshield, new tires and being the dealerships, I know it was serviced correctly. He also said he didn't renew the warranty last year, but will purchase the additional 1 year for it.

The price guesses above were very very close.

I love the look of the new 19's Black bodywork. I wonder if i could talk him into swapping that too. Unless someone on here would be interested in it. It'd be ok as I would use it for hunting once a year, but when I'm not in the duck blind, camo doesn't do it for me.