P1000 dash lights

B

Buckslayr

Oct 18, 2019
Nd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I took the 1000 out for a drive lastnite to check out the led headlights, they are bright,I noticed the dash is really dark though, any body put dash lights on, Id like to see pictures if they did, thanks

clifforeilly

clifforeilly

WFOSXS.com
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Oct 22, 2018
Goodhue MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm going to be doing something about that as well. Honda really screwed the pooch on that one IMO. Cant see the sifters, light switch, transmission mode switch. The only light is on the speedo pod itself. I'm looking into mini access lighting, prefer to have tiny little spot light shining down from the roof to just the right spots with out lighting up the whole cab.

I'm constantly turning on the dome light (that I had to add) to see what the hell I'm doing.

My daily driver is a Chevy HHR, it has the perfect little light that I want coming from the headliner that lights up the shift lever the power window switches, to my dismay that light is no longer available. I'm going to try these. Cheap enough. I may have to make a little cone to direct the light and not let it spread out.

Bolt Beam 5mm LED Light | Super Bright LEDs

Mini spot

Reactions: seig
clifforeilly

clifforeilly

WFOSXS.com
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Oct 22, 2018
Goodhue MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm hoping to get a little less light than shown here, probably going to use red

Blue mini spots

Reactions: seig
Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I don’t have a pic of current dash lights, but this is what I was previously using. Used two 7” cob led panels and made a red see through cover to fit over the light. Ran it off an adjustable switch to control brightness.
46E45401 8236 4436 B0CD C4403B524F71

I’m now running a 48” led brake light that goes on the back of a truck. It fits perfectly under the lip of the super atv flip windshield. Sorry I don’t have a pic of it and I’m away from the bike this weekend.

N8theGR8

N8theGR8

Oct 3, 2019
Central Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
I don’t have a pic of current dash lights, but this is what I was previously using. Used two 7” cob led panels and made a red see through cover to fit over the light. Ran it off an adjustable switch to control brightness.
View attachment 170361

I’m now running a 48” led brake light that goes on the back of a truck. It fits perfectly under the lip of the super atv flip windshield. Sorry I don’t have a pic of it and I’m away from the bike this weekend.

You think splicing into the factory headlight switch would work for a 25lumen LED would work for this, instead of running separate switch?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You think splicing into the factory headlight switch would work for a 25lumen LED would work for this, instead of running separate switch?
25 lumen or watt? Lumen yes no problem, that would probably be under a 1/2watt

Reactions: Remington
J

JTW

So do you all need a light when driving and shifting a manual transmission or even your auto trucks? I’ve found it less needed now that I’ve grown accustom to where the gears are. Even in the dark it’s no big deal.

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
How did you make that, label maker?? I thought about just using a sodering iron to burn through the dash board letters but it wouldn't be nice and neat, i dont think .
Went out to the wrecking yard and and pulled the indicator from a Kia. Cut the tiles out and placed them in correct spots onto a thin sheet of plexi with capillary glue.
Here’s the start of the build on the dash

P1000 - Cumminspusher-the New Ride

M

MarylandMark

Oct 22, 2019
Maryland
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Consensus on red or blue?

P1K-5 LE and like the charcoal/black/red look it has so was going to swap out my switches for red vs the blue I currently have. Anyone see any issue with this? I know color is subjective but thinking there must be a reason most switches are back lit blue?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Consensus on red or blue?

P1K-5 LE and like the charcoal/black/red look it has so was going to swap out my switches for red vs the blue I currently have. Anyone see any issue with this? I know color is subjective but thinking there must be a reason most switches are back lit blue?
Personal preference really. Blue is more common so it’s a little easier to find the oddball switches. I like blue myself but it is brighter too and can get overwhelming imo. There are other colors as well.

Last edited:
Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
So do you all need a light when driving and shifting a manual transmission or even your auto trucks? I’ve found it less needed now that I’ve grown accustom to where the gears are. Even in the dark it’s no big deal.
I just like extra light in general... not necessary but it doesn’t hurt. For the wife though, she’s dropped bottles of water, her smoke, her phone, the remote for her phone that starts/stops recording or pics and no telling what else and couldn’t see anything at night... so then it became a necessary mod. :rolleyes:

Reactions: JTW
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
if you dont want the light in your field of view . i used rock lights pointed toward the roof as dome light. blue color but i can see everything in my 700-4 at night with them and nothing is in my eyesight as far as lights go.1e4db88f0fc5bd7738d16cbd1ae596662928940ab8521c0eb12f8b26e1cca1f1

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mudwing
Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Depends where you live. I use to love Blue, then I found out it attracts bugs so now (think bug light) I am going with red, least attractive to bugs. My wife gets eaten alive by mosquitos so anything I can do to reduce her chance of being bit. Plus red goes well with my Red P1k5.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Depends where you live. I use to love Blue, then I found out it attracts bugs so now (think bug light) I am going with red, least attractive to bugs. My wife gets eaten alive by mosquitos so anything I can do to reduce her chance of being bit. Plus red goes well with my Red P1k5.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
my daughter has same problem i coat the outside and inside of the bike with off deep woods. she m8ght end up with 2 bites

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mudwing
advertisement