P1000 Custom air box lid/snorkel

Mattdean

Mattdean

Aug 18, 2016
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I'm thinking of making an aluminum air box cover with the snorkel coming out of the top, then Eliminating the stock air pipes, just trying to get an idea on what size outlet I will need to get maximum air flow

Bonehead69

Bonehead69

Nov 4, 2015
Are you the guy i have been talking to on FB about this? Man i am super interested if you make a kit. Also just a thought it would be awesome if you could make it so their are barbs that all the diff...ect can connect to

Mattdean

Mattdean

Aug 18, 2016
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are you the guy i have been talking to on FB about this? Man i am super interested if you make a kit. Also just a thought it would be awesome if you could make it so their are barbs that all the diff...ect can connect to

I don't think so, but I'll let you know how it turns out, and that's a good idea about the barbs for all the vent lines, I'll do that! I'm thinking a 3" outlet too

Bonehead69

Bonehead69

Nov 4, 2015
Do you think the three inch is needed? Isn't the current one only 2"? Also remember the amount of piping being used after the new box is less than half of stock setup. Just throwing ideas out. I would be very interested if you could make a setup for me to purchase. As long as the bed is dumpable.

Mattdean

Mattdean

Aug 18, 2016
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you think the three inch is needed? Isn't the current one only 2"? Also remember the amount of piping being used after the new box is less than half of stock setup. Just throwing ideas out. I would be very interested if you could make a setup for me to purchase. As long as the bed is dumpable.

Yes the bed will bed will be dumpable, and there's a couple people around my area running 3" from the box up to the front. I was thinking about doing 3", with aftermarket exhaust, the commander and auto tune

Reactions: pct
Bonehead69

Bonehead69

Nov 4, 2015
OK I see what your saying!! If the top part is made it should be all that extreme. The bottom hose could just be capped off I suppose?

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My snorkel kit runs 2" directly from the airbox and I have noticed zero power loss. I figure the factory snorkel is as big around as it is because its so dang long.

Mattdean

Mattdean

Aug 18, 2016
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
OK I see what your saying!! If the top part is made it should be all that extreme. The bottom hose could just be capped off I suppose?

Yeah that's all I'm going to do is just cap it, it might be a few weeks till get I get time to do it, still working on my roof and have some other projects for people to build

Mattdean

Mattdean

Aug 18, 2016
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My snorkel kit runs 2" directly from the airbox and I have noticed zero power loss. I figure the factory snorkel is as big around as it is because its so dang long.

Yeah my snorkel is 2" as well, and I didn't notice any power loss, but you have about 8 feet of hosing from the air box, so I feel like I might get a little something out of it snorkeling directly from the lid, plus my snorkel runs on the outside of my roll cage, and my luck I'll end up running it against a tree and destroying it. Lol

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah my snorkel is 2" as well, and I didn't notice any power loss, but you have about 8 feet of hosing from the air box, so I feel like I might get a little something out of it snorkeling directly from the lid, plus my snorkel runs on the outside of my roll cage, and my luck I'll end up running it against a tree and destroying it. Lol

Thats one of the reasons I went with the Triangle ATV kit versus the High Lifter kit, I didn't want to make the intake any longer, so I probably gained a little buy reducing the overall length and bypassing the original intake even with using 2" tubing. Mine runs directly from the rubber coupling on the air box to the gas tank area, and then up in between the passenger seat and door.

IMG 5233 zpsyff9upul

Reactions: pct and Mattdean
advertisement
Mattdean

Mattdean

Aug 18, 2016
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thats one of the reasons I went with the Triangle ATV kit versus the High Lifter kit, I didn't want to make the intake any longer, so I probably gained a little buy reducing the overall length and bypassing the original intake even with using 2" tubing. Mine runs directly from the rubber coupling on the air box to the gas tank area, and then up in between the passenger seat and door.

View attachment 21406
Yeah that's nice as well, and I really like the camo plastics, I'm going to have to look into buying those! Lol

hardlyworkin

hardlyworkin

Aug 5, 2016
Beckley, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 21406
Can you comment on how the Triangle Atv kit works for the passenger. If a full size adult sits there, do they notice it at all pertaining to space or noise?

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can you comment on how the Triangle Atv kit works for the passenger. If a full size adult sits there, do they notice it at all pertaining to space or noise?

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

You can't notice it sitting there in my opinion, but it does have a throaty sound to it under hard acceleration

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Interested in how this turns out!! I kept thinking some aftermarket place would make one like this. I have been thinking about running twin 1 1/2" pipes (or even 1 1/4") out of the top to keep the overall diameter down but still get the same overall flow....

Reactions: tsummerl and pct
W

wyodlr

Aug 15, 2016
Cody Wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2" might be ok at lower elevations , but if you are riding at higher elevations I suggest 3" or you will see a power loss

O

oldskoolbuckets

Aug 8, 2016
Colorado Springs, CO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can't wait for this one. I'd gladly pay top dollar for something that is just plain done right and doesn't have unsightly plumbing everywhere and increase cab noise.