image.jpeg

P1000 Cumminspusher-the New Ride

Third build on a Pioneer platform in a year it can only get better. More lighting,more automation,more protection, more innovation, more storage,more ability,more suspension,more passengers and more fun. Less weight,less vibrations,less roof. Tiring.
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
095720cfff55493fa5f04df3cb4a0d20C7b209ce5d9c223629d00764cb58696c
8b852c46c65ce30d46490900b1a824e7
Couple pics from the weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd like to try mine out with snow like that. Loved wheeling in the sand on East coast of NC. All the fun, none of the cleanup

Reactions: Plumber32
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Sure glad we had all the lighting especially the rock lights they sure helped digging.
We were trying to run the snowmobile trails but the snow was way too wet and she'd belly out.
Once we were 100 feet from the road on a heavy drop totally stuck no amount of digging helped. Stuck for 3 hours on Saturday morning. We had to run winch line up over the roof to pick the nose up. Once we had it up about 3 foot, 4 people pushed sideways while I hit gas. Sketchy but we got er turned around facing forward so we could use low range. Never twisted a big rig around on the back tires like that. Sure wish Honda would've had low reverse! I wasn't about to screw up another set of clutches.
We tried winching up under power but we're on about a 50deg incline. Brought the Cummins in for help and snapped another rope. Had to use 10000 pound straps to get er out. Really impressed with the d-ring setup on the nose I'm sure we were well over 4k pulling and when we I hit the gas in pickup I left about two feet of slack so that would've been a big hit. Enough 7500 pound rope didn't hang in. Kudos to my wife for having enough balls to be towed up that crazy ass mess. D2f3fdf4fa0c4f4211cbfb8cff75aa4cFe5cdeb93187cf7f81849e187c0402855280e9217435c8b1f5a343a77f8c35d3

Last edited:
Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sure glad we had all the lighting especially the rock lights they sure helped digging.
We were trying to run the snowmobile trails but the snow was way too wet and she'd belly out.
Once we were 100 feet from the road on a heavy drop totally stuck no amount of digging helped. Stuck for 3 hours on Saturday morning. We had to run winch line up over the roof to pick the nose up. Once we had it up about 3 foot, 4 people pushed sideways while I hit gas. Sketchy but we got er turned around facing forward so we could use low range. Never swiped a big rig around like that. Sure wish Honda would've had low reverse! I wasn't about to screw up another set of clutches.
We tried winching up under power but we're on about a 50deg incline. Brought the Cummins in for help and snapped another rope. Had to use 10000 pound straps to get er out. Really impressed with the d-ring setup on the nose I'm sure we were well over 4k pulling and when we I hit the gas in pickup I left about two feet of slack so that would've been a big hit. Enough 7500 pound rope didn't hang in. Kudos to my wife for having enough balls to be towed up that crazy ass mess. D2f3fdf4fa0c4f4211cbfb8cff75aa4cFe5cdeb93187cf7f81849e187c0402855280e9217435c8b1f5a343a77f8c35d3

Glad y'all made it back safely! I keep telling @drfubar about the benefits of rock lights, but he won't listen. Could you ride enough to get a feel for the new shocks?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Broke winch rope so many times!
IMG 8693
IMG 8752
Guess 7500 pounds isn't enough. Didn't do anything at all to the d-ring mounts and those warn rings are impressive.
Bent lower front control arm again as well so she came strait into the house for repairs.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Glad y'all made it back safely! I keep telling @drfubar about the benefits of rock lights, but he won't listen. Could you ride enough to get a feel for the new shocks?
Ya after having rock lights I'd never go back! I've got two sets blue obviously for fun but this is what whites are for!
Shocks are smooth. We kept them on soft most of the time. In slop snow it was hard to notice a ton but in the bumps and areas it was snowy and bare you knew. Didn't say anything to anyone about them and maybe 1/2 hour into the ride someone in back mentioned how smooth it felt and everyone soon agreed. There's much less bucking from front to back and the rig feels way more set. Did get onto the dry highway at full speed and soft was a little too soft. Went directly to hard and it felt like a race car.
Again a little tough in this for good comparison will have to wait for good riding but you sure knew they were there

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Ya after having rock lights I'd never go back! I've got two sets blue obviously for fun but this is what whites are for!
Shocks are smooth. We kept them on soft most of the time. In slop snow it was hard to notice a ton but in the bumps and areas it was snowy and bare you knew. Didn't say anything to anyone about them and maybe 1/2 hour into the ride someone in back mentioned how smooth it felt and everyone soon agreed. There's much less bucking from front to back and the rig feels way more set. Did get onto the dry highway at full speed and soft was a little too soft. Went directly to hard and it felt like a race car.
Again a little tough in this for good comparison will have to wait for good riding but you sure knew they were there
When do rears arrive? Waiting for your thoughts after you remove the stock self levelers.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
When do rears arrive? Waiting for your thoughts after you remove the stock self levelers

Suppose to be here Wednesday but shipping here has been a hell Mary lately. I will put them on and bounce around the back 40 to get a feel. I'll crank the spring down a bit before install on those. The fronts feel great so far just pulled them from the box and took off they seem very well placed from factory so far

Reactions: Tigermark
Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Broke winch rope so many times!View attachment 35000 View attachment 35001Guess 7500 pounds isn't enough. Didn't do anything at all to the d-ring mounts and those warn rings are impressive.
Bent lower front control arm again as well so she came strait into the house for repairs.
April is right around the corner, how did the truck run after the transmission work you had done?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
April is right around the corner, how did the truck run after the transmission work you had done?

Beautiful! It didn't have lockup and the overdrive wasn't set right since we've had it. She cruised well. Had we planned Takeover sooner I would've left the manual in it though. Oh well

Reactions: sharp and Tigermark
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Suppose to be here Wednesday but shipping here has been a hell Mary lately. I will put them on and bounce around the back 40 to get a feel. I'll crank the spring down a bit before install on those. The fronts feel great so far just pulled them from the box and took off they seem very well placed from factory so far

I'm a little curious to see if the fox will bolt up in the rear with the HL brackets or if they will have to be removedo_O

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Messing with my daughter. The road here was glare ice you couldn't even stand on it. I put the Pioneer in turf mode to be funny and she took off. Late on video but man she was pissed at me but finally went into 4wd and said funny Dad!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Pioneer lighting the way for my daughter. She had liked the smaller sled prior to this weekend but really loves the 600 now.
Got lots of time in with this weekend.all the kids had a great time. Smiles everywhere. Mama and I are beat! Great time though
IMG 8711
IMG 8737

IMG 8741

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Broke winch rope so many times!View attachment 35000 View attachment 35001Guess 7500 pounds isn't enough. Didn't do anything at all to the d-ring mounts and those warn rings are impressive.

Knew you would love the warn rings! Just massive! Don't think your rope likes it cold. I see a steel one in your future.

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Knew you would love the warn rings! Just massive! Don't think your rope likes it cold. I see a steel one in your future.
We tried steel and were continually breaking it. Except for this weekend have had very good luck with rope. I'm positive we would've broke steel too. I can't explain just how stuck we were. Rope was actually nice it didn't take heads off when she broke and you could retie it. Hasn't detoured me but we are upping diameter.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
We tried steel and were continually breaking it. Except for this weekend have had very good luck with rope. I'm positive we would've broke steel too. I can't explain just how stuck we were. Rope was actually nice it didn't take heads off when she broke and you could retie it. Hasn't detoured me but we are upping diameter.
I think you are going to have to add a trk winch and rope to that monster... Waaaayyyyy too much weight. No wonder at all why you need upgraded shocks

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I think you are going to have to add a trk winch and rope to that monster... Waaaayyyyy too much weight. No wonder at all why you need upgraded shocks
She's heavy ya ya. She'll do just fine in Tennessee. She's just allergic to driving through snowcones.

advertisement