P1000 Crank, no start.

J

jrokusek

Jun 19, 2024
South dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have read through alot of threads but cannot find anything so I'm making this post in search of a little help before I pull all my hair out..

Issue started while driving through tall wet grass checking fence, the machine stuttered a little bit but then came out if it, proceeded on with the rest of my day just fine. Parked it in the barn and the next day it wouldn't start at all.

I'm now getting code 64. I have replaced the battery, the relays and all fuses are good. The injectors ohm out good per the sevice manual, and I have replaced the injector clips. I have verified the relay circuits are good and I cannot see any visible wire harness damage. But there is still no power to the fuel pump.

Has anyone had code 64? Or anything similar to this issue?

2017 1000-3

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have read through alot of threads but cannot find anything so I'm making this post in search of a little help before I pull all my hair out..

Issue started while driving through tall wet grass checking fence, the machine stuttered a little bit but then came out if it, proceeded on with the rest of my day just fine. Parked it in the barn and the next day it wouldn't start at all.

I'm now getting code 64. I have replaced the battery, the relays and all fuses are good. The injectors ohm out good per the sevice manual, and I have replaced the injector clips. I have verified the relay circuits are good and I cannot see any visible wire harness damage. But there is still no power to the fuel pump.

2017 1000-3
I had something similar happen to me. changed spark plugs and it ran for a few day, then no start. I took ALL the grounds apart scuffed them up, applied dielectric grease and put it back together. No problems since, I did that 1.5 yrs ago

J

jrokusek

Jun 19, 2024
South dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I had something similar happen to me. changed spark plugs and it ran for a few day, then no start. I took ALL the grounds apart scuffed them up, applied dielectric grease and put it back together. No problems since, I did that 1.5 yrs ago
I have been seeing that Hondas are picky about their grounds.. I think I'll be trying this tomorrow!

Reactions: ChadD and TxDoc
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

2017 1000-3
Welcome from Michigan!
If you searched then you seen rule #4 when u join/first post Pics of your rig or as my deputy @ChadD said Pics Or It Didnt Happen!
You also didnt state your currant milage

As for your issue, common with 16 & 17’s the injector harness and spark plugs fo sho. Just do it!
Re do and clean your grounds fo sho as well. Common problem. Come back with the results please

• Haha
Reactions: ChadD
J

jrokusek

Jun 19, 2024
South dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks, I'll work on checking that stuff today!

Have 4070 miles, don't know alot about this machine have had it for a few years with zero issues. I believe it came from down south, Florida maybe? .

20240620 065841

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

Have 4070 miles, don't know alot about this machine have had it for a few years with zero issues. I believe it came from down south, Florida maybe? .

View attachment 433710
Ahhh the rare sky blue color!
If u do t know much about it or where it came from🤔 Is it Hot?

Its a 17’ you say, since u seem vast on the search up top, you might want to look into the recalls and verify if it had the clutch “expired campaign” done to it. Alot of that might help u down the road literally and figuratively

• Haha
Reactions: ChadD and Jankyeye
advertisement
J

jrokusek

Jun 19, 2024
South dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I will look into that, thanks!
And no it's not hot, lol bought it at an auction, so all I can tell you about it is what I can physically seen done to it.

Reactions: ChadD and Jankyeye
RacinJasonWV

RacinJasonWV

Aug 8, 2022
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 433710

I’m no help for your issue but nice looking buggy.

What’s that hiding in the background? I have a guess but don’t want to say since all we can see is a bit of the quarter panel.

Reactions: ChadD and jrokusek
RacinJasonWV

RacinJasonWV

Aug 8, 2022
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Haha thanks, it's a 69 chevy nova ss 396, 35k original miles.
Oh wow! Sounds sweet! That was my second guess, not gonna say my first since I was WRONG.

I’d love to see a photo if you don’t mind. PM if you don’t want to clutter up your thread.

Uncle has a 68 Nova drag car with 377(?). He’s changed it a few times so I’m not positive.

Reactions: ChadD and JenElio
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Update to all, I've tested sensors, wires, switches, relays, fuses, a new PCM, still nothing.. it's going to the dealer tomorrow so they can hopefully figure it out.. I'll update what they find!
Did you follow the testing tree in the service manual? It has detailed testing and determination for code 64-1 & 64-2. You have code 64-1

Reactions: Backwoods and ChadD
J

jrokusek

Jun 19, 2024
South dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It's on the pass side where the main harness goes down and then under the seat. I'm going to build a gaurd for it. Something at some point hit the main harness and cut wires. Took a while for them to corrod away.

20240701 142020

advertisement