Craftsman Tools

Jimmyscoin

Jimmyscoin

Nov 27, 2016
Fairbanks, alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As many of you may have seen, Craftsman sold out to black and decker for $900 million in an attempt to save Sears from their money troubles. I'm not sure when they will transfer the brand but just wanted to remind everyone to keep an eye out at sears. I bet they are gonna have some killer sales on their tools pretty soon! And hey, who doesn't love walking through the tool dept at sears?? I need a shop vac myself.

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First I've heard of this... I would be very surprised if the Craftsman brand disappeared from the Sears shelf's - that would be a terrible marketing mistake!

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Sears will be alright according to this excerpt from an article...

Sears will continue to sell Craftsman products – which include everything from wrenches to floor jacks – for 15 years without restriction. After that period, it will pay 3% royalties to Stanley Black & Decker, which sells its own line of tools as well as other brands.

o_O What's interesting is how could this help Sears? Is it possibly attributable to the lifetime warranty offered by Craftsman being no longer offered?:eek:

Diehard Craftsman Guy myself! This would be a huge mistake!

Jimmyscoin

Jimmyscoin

Nov 27, 2016
Fairbanks, alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First I've heard of this... I would be very surprised if the Craftsman brand disappeared from the Sears shelf's - that would be a terrible marketing mistake!
They are not going to stop selling them. I was saying we may start seeing some serious sales to generate capital for the store. Up here in Fairbanks, our sears has a ton of specials going on right now and it was making me wonder if it was related to the sale of the brand. Either way, it gives me a reason to buy more tools :)

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't have any Craftsman tools but hopefully this change of ownership brings tool manufacturing back to the US under the Craftsman name and provides a higher quality cheap/home owner grade tool to local stores

Outfitter

Outfitter

Dec 3, 2016
DFW
Ownership

1. 700-4
Sears will be alright according to this excerpt from an article...

Sears will continue to sell Craftsman products – which include everything from wrenches to floor jacks – for 15 years without restriction. After that period, it will pay 3% royalties to Stanley Black & Decker, which sells its own line of tools as well as other brands.

o_O What's interesting is how could this help Sears? Is it possibly attributable to the lifetime warranty offered by Craftsman being no longer offered?:eek:

Diehard Craftsman Guy myself! This would be a huge mistake!

Sears is in deep trouble as Edward Lampert has not come up with any turn around plan other than selling assets.
They sold Ace Hardware the rights to sell Craftsman tools a while back.
Sad but this is another dinosaur headed toward extinction as a brick and mortar entity as we know it today. Shopping malls are about to see their anchor tenants dropping, Macy's and Sears are just the next in line.

Reactions: JTW
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have 2 broken ratchets. I think I'll hustle them down to Sear's this weekend. They may soon stop replacing them.

Reactions: amc019 and JTW
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Agreed! Kmart also carries the Craftsman Brand which also does not favor foot traffic within sears further complicating their problem! It will be interesting to watch the remaining strategies by top executives to turn sears around!

Reactions: JTW