P1000 Couple questions about shifting.

I

infernored1000

Jan 10, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As usual I try to search this stuff before posting but my gosh is it dangerous to read the forum!!! LOL... by the time I get done I'm confident my pioneer is about to blow up just sitting in the driveway lol.

Is this normal shifting? about to take it in for first service, has 102 miles on it

Sometimes when doing moderate acceleration in either mode auto or manual, shifting from 4th to 5th it seems it revs about 1000 RPM higher right as it shifts (it's happens very fast but noticeable to me) light driving it shifts immediately and full throttle it shifts immediately, mainly does it going up hills. Is that normal?

When going from a dead stop on a steep hill in low of course it has a slight shudder if that's what you want to call it, doesn't seem to slip or rev higher just a slight shudder, like letting out the clutch on a truck and almost just barely not giving it enough gas? This seems fine to me but wanted you guys input.

Any help would be appreciated I am about to drop it off at the dealer for first service this morning

Reactions: Plumber32
J

JTW

If the rpms are spiking then the clutch is slipping.. might try a clutch reset and see if that solves it.

I

infernored1000

Jan 10, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If the rpms are spiking then the clutch is slipping.. might try a clutch reset and see if that solves it.

I wouldn't say they RPMs are spiking, if it shifts at 4K rpm it revs to maybe 5k

I

infernored1000

Jan 10, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Take a video and post it

I will later, it's at the dealership for initial service. I brought it up to the dealership to have them check it out and annotate it.

Reactions: JTW
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If it's under a load the rpms will spike for a nano second between shifts. One reason I only use manual shift and ease up slightly while shifting. That produces an immediate shift with no spike in rpms.

Reactions: adnoh and Plumber32
J

JTW

You should noticeably hear the different if it’s slipping.. mine was very obvious.

I

infernored1000

Jan 10, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If it's under a load the rpms will spike for a nano second between shifts. One reason I only use manual shift and ease up slightly while shifting. That produces an immediate shift with no spike in rpms.

That sounds like what mine does, you hear it for just a split second.
You should noticeably hear the different if it’s slipping.. mine was very obvious.

Just picked it up, dealer said it's running and shifting like normal, I think it's probably me more than anything. Just gonna drive it like normal and not worry until it's time to worry lol

Reactions: JTW
advertisement
I

infernored1000

Jan 10, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just test drove the pioneer after the first service and WOW!!!!! I cannot believe how much quieter the shifting is. Shifts so much smoother and quieter, still has that split second rev when shifting from 4th to 5th but not as noticeable now. Even happier about it now then when I brought it home.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just test drove the pioneer after the first service and WOW!!!!! I cannot believe how much quieter the shifting is. Shifts so much smoother and quieter, still has that split second rev when shifting from 4th to 5th but not as noticeable now. Even happier about it now then when I brought it home.
Everybody has been impressed with their machine after that first service lol. It's like a whole other machine.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As usual I try to search this stuff before posting but my gosh is it dangerous to read the forum!!! LOL... by the time I get done I'm confident my pioneer is about to blow up just sitting in the driveway lol.

Is this normal shifting? about to take it in for first service, has 102 miles on it

Sometimes when doing moderate acceleration in either mode auto or manual, shifting from 4th to 5th it seems it revs about 1000 RPM higher right as it shifts (it's happens very fast but noticeable to me) light driving it shifts immediately and full throttle it shifts immediately, mainly does it going up hills. Is that normal?

When going from a dead stop on a steep hill in low of course it has a slight shudder if that's what you want to call it, doesn't seem to slip or rev higher just a slight shudder, like letting out the clutch on a truck and almost just barely not giving it enough gas? This seems fine to me but wanted you guys input.

Any help would be appreciated I am about to drop it off at the dealer for first service this morning
Very normal. Mines like that from day 1. 2000 miles no problems. But its getting the clutch cover done as we speak