P1000 Couple general questions

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
1) MT mode I'm assuming corresponds with either high or low? To mean if you're in low range, one MT is gear one in low range and if you're in high, one MT gear one in high range?

2) Behind the shifter, park reverse etc., there's a rubber gasket. But this rubber gasket is always 6 inches away from the actual opening and I've never really figured a way to bring it all the way up and block that hole. I can't imagine them designing a rubber gasket that doesn't really seal anything or even stay in place where I would think it should go, but that appears to be the case. Is that true?

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Oh yeah, when adjusting the gear linkage for the cables to be in the proper place, I adjusted both sides with in the parameters but never really did get a good understanding of what side was for what purpose. Since I did it,'everything goes into gear really fast now, 2 wheel to 4 wheel and turf mode is a piece of cake after adjusting.

But I notice when I put it in low range, sometimes it kind of makes a clashing sound for a couple of seconds like the gears are hitting each other, like I'm trying to force it in gear. So I need to adjust that again but I don't want to take a chance of setting the other stuff off crazy cause it's so perfect.

If you're behind it staring towards the front of the vehicle, does the left side or the right side control the high and low range?

H

HondaTech

1.When you shift from H to L the sub trans (under passengers front seat) is what your shifting. Its not a completely different set of gears its just a different ratio. But yes Low 1 is different from High 1.

2. The rubber flap is kind of useless really, doesn't do much. Ask around, I'm sure some of the guys will give you some ideas on what they've used to fill the hole.

Are you talking about adjusting the cables in the box under the bed? If so, I would adjust the cable on the dash till the noise is gone than readjust your others if needed. On a side note, does your unit pull in gear? This may be some of the issue your having with the noise going into low, but I would bet on just needing the cable adjusted.

Reactions: dotman1
Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
1.When you shift from H to L the sub trans (under passengers front seat) is what your shifting. Its not a completely different set of gears its just a different ratio. But yes Low 1 is different from High 1.

2. The rubber flap is kind of useless really, doesn't do much. Ask around, I'm sure some of the guys will give you some ideas on what they've used to fill the hole.

Are you talking about adjusting the cables in the box under the bed? If so, I would adjust the cable on the dash till the noise is gone than readjust your others if needed. On a side note, does your unit pull in gear? This may be some of the issue your having with the noise going into low, but I would bet on just needing the cable adjusted.

Well it didn't make a noise going into gear
(not always just sometimes) until I adjusted the cables under the bed so I'm assuming that would be my starting point.

I was having a problem having it shift into modes. 2 Wheel to 4 x 4 was fine. But Turf and 4x4 lock took a while.

After adjusting the cables to the pictures I saw here, that problem went away and went into gear almost immediately. However I picked up a new problem, and that is sometimes when I go into 2 wheel from 4x4 It's grinding a bit before it drops in gear.

Once in gear it never pops out and it's strong. So the question I was trying to get at was the cables under the bed,
is it the driver side OR the passenger side that affects that, as I didn't want to mess with both sides, as one part of it performs flawlessly.

I explain that right??? LOL

Reactions: dotman1
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well it didn't make a noise going into gear
(not always just sometimes) until I adjusted the cables under the bed so I'm assuming that would be my starting point.

I was having a problem having it shift into modes. 2 Wheel to 4 x 4 was fine. But Turf and 4x4 lock took a while.

After adjusting the cables to the pictures I saw here, that problem went away and went into gear almost immediately. However I picked up a new problem, and that is sometimes when I go into 2 wheel from 4x4 It's grinding a bit before it drops in gear.

Once in gear it never pops out and it's strong. So the question I was trying to get at was the cables under the bed,
is it the driver side OR the passenger side that affects that, as I didn't want to mess with both sides, as one part of it performs flawlessly.

I explain that right??? LOL

Are you moving when shifting in 4x4?

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Never. I know some people say it's OK but not me. I'm at a dead stop :)

But I'm shocked nobody knows if it's the driver side or passenger side cable that controls that? It's a 50-50 guess, so I guess I could guess, but if i had to guess, I'll guess my guess is wrong!