P1000m5 Coolant flush and refill

Dubfab

Dubfab

Sep 26, 2017
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry if this is a repeat question.
i barely get to ride my Sxs but I do all my maintenance. I want to flush out the old coolant and I am having trouble finding the procedure or bleed procedure when filling up.
Can anyone help out with this

pictures and a procedure will help me out

thanks

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Sorry if this is a repeat question.
i barely get to ride my Sxs but I do all my maintenance. I want to flush out the old coolant and I am having trouble finding the procedure or bleed procedure when filling up.
Can anyone help out with this

pictures and a procedure will help me out

thanks
I never found a procedure, after 6 years I just drained both coolant lines while replacing the skid plate. There is a 10mm headed drain bolt in 2 different metal coolant lines that run parallel to each other after removal of the skid plate. I drained both of those and let it drip overnight. I suctioned out all of the coolant in the overflow jug, reinstalled both drain plugs, then filled the radiator to the top with 50/50 blue Asian engine coolant and the coolant jug 3/4 full. I got it up to 2 bars on the temp, then let it sit overnight and cool off figuring as it cooled it would pull coolant out of the overflow jug back into the radiator. I never had to add any coolant and it went to the TO, rode over 160 miles and never got over two bars.