P1000 Compartments

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have had no luck having things stay in these compartments and they jump out. I think the easiest solution is to take a piece of aluminum and cover the bottom third and that should take care of it. Either that or netting but I don't like netting that much.

I got half doors put on, but shouldn't this have come with netting for the doors?

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
we have no clue what any of this means.which compartments? the dash compartments? welcome to the world of side by sides. the dash pockets are garbage and engineered for factory mounted radios and the like. between my polaris, friends yamaha viking, and everyone else in the world, we have all thought about a 1/3 door on the bottom of the compartment to keep carp from falling out. best idea is go to home deopt and buy a small run of plexiglass. a 8x10 is like 6 bucks. screw that to each side and it would serve its purpose.

the rigs have to be delivered from the dealer with the stupid nets. the first thing i did was take them off and they will never ever go back on ever.

Reactions: sharp
Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I agree. The netting is a complete joke. Doesn't even look cool if you asked me.
But actually, I was referring to using some netting to put over the compartments in the dash.

Not a fan of plexiglass it's splinters and cracks too easy plus it's clear. It would have to be black to match my dash ( i'm a particular kind of fella )

Already did it. Used a flat piece of aluminum and painted it black. Screwed it over the openings plus I have an area to clip things on like my to a radio.

But I didn't think it was that hard to figure out what I was talking about :)

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So in the back of my car I found some netting that goes to the hatchback. Cut it up and took down my aluminum I just put up and decided to put netting over the compartment and cut out the little holder and hang below it. So here is my solution least ways.

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
View attachment 16026View attachment 16027 View attachment 16028 So in the back of my car I found some netting that goes to the hatchback. Cut it up and took down my aluminum I just put up and decided to put netting over the compartment and cut out the little holder and hang below it. So here is my solution least ways.

LOVE IT. But guns are bad. You really shouldn't own them. Beat offenders away with hopes and dreams instead.

I want to fab a center console that sits on the floor in between the seats, and comes up to about even with the seat. Make two brackets to clip under the seat to hold it in. Make a gasket lid for it for crossing rivers. Would be nice to have cup holders and a place for a nalgene bottle and beer and whatever. That loose stuff you need but don't have a home for.

Reactions: Rick53 and sharp
Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
LOVE IT. But guns are bad. You really shouldn't own them. Beat offenders away with hopes and dreams instead.

I want to fab a center console that sits on the floor in between the seats, and comes up to about even with the seat. Make two brackets to clip under the seat to hold it in. Make a gasket lid for it for crossing rivers. Would be nice to have cup holders and a place for a nalgene bottle and beer and whatever. That loose stuff you need but don't have a home for.

LMAO! "Hopes and dreams" Freaking hysterical! :)

I ordered a center console that's used for a van through Amazon. Not here yet. So we have the exact same idea open to the point of it being waterproof. That's going to be a tough one. You could always get a 5 gallon bucket with the rubber seal lid at Lowe's and they even have a padded seat on top, though it wouldn't be too stylish but would definitely be practical!

The console I got is just a typical square console with a couple of cupholders in front. I doubt that it's waterproof, but you could always build a little with the stand underneath it to raise it up off the floor. I'm not sure how much water you go through. When you do, let me know, because I'd love to know how deep I could submerge this thing if the need ever arises :)

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
This is my $8000 camouflage Massimo. This is actually a very impressive vehicle for the money. And comes with a winch, hardtop and windshield. And they thought about compartments much better than Honda!

IF the company had a decent customer service department they could actually take the market by storm as price points and what it comes with is extremely impressive. Unfortunately, the customer service sucks and that is why would could've been will never be.

Three compartments. A huge glove compartment much bigger than the 1000. The floor console with cupholders. And yet another one up top a small one. Notice that ALL THREE have closing lid. Yes, the good ole people at Honda didn't factor in bumps, even though every video you see for it it's flying thru the air 50' high :)

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
View attachment 16038 View attachment 16037 This is my $8000 camouflage Massimo. This is actually a very impressive vehicle for the money. And comes with a winch, hardtop and windshield. And they thought about compartments much better than Honda!

IF the company had a decent customer service department they could actually take the market by storm as price points and what it comes with is extremely impressive. Unfortunately, the customer service sucks and that is why would could've been will never be.

Three compartments. A huge glove compartment much bigger than the 1000. The floor console with cupholders. And yet another one up top a small one. Notice that ALL THREE have closing lid. Yes, the good ole people at Honda didn't factor in bumps, even though every video you see for it it's flying thru the air 50' high :)

Honestly the cutouts aren't for storage. It's for selling their radio, heater, switches etc. It's not just honda either. It's yamaha, polaris, honda, can am. It's just to sell you products. They figure if they make the cutouts such a goofy shape no one can easily diy plates. The hopes is factory stuff will be gooter and people will buy it. Which they do.

It Would be nice if honda decided to make their own.

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Honestly the cutouts aren't for storage. It's for selling their radio, heater, switches etc. It's not just honda either. It's yamaha, polaris, honda, can am. It's just to sell you products. They figure if they make the cutouts such a goofy shape no one can easily diy plates. The hopes is factory stuff will be gooter and people will buy it. Which they do.

It Would be nice if honda decided to make their own.

That's even worse, because if the cut outs arent even for storage, and you bought their products, what exactly were they planning on leaving you with? Guess absolutely no storage! If any vehicle beckons for a center counsel it's this one with all that open floor space.

It's just like the rollbars are just a tad over 1.75. I wonder why that is? Maybe because all of the millions of adapters for 1.75 rollbar won't fit and you have to buy "Honda genuine"? I was a little leary from the very beginning that Honda wasn't willing to throw some kind of basic accessories with the purchase. Things like a winch I understand. Things like a top and a windshield I do not. Problem is, I don't know if this is standard in the industry and they all do that. Problem is my first one came with it all and as such, spoiled me.

It's not that everybody doesn't do it. It's just irritating when they do because it really shows that no company out there cares about the consumer, they only care about the consumers money. Not just Honda, GM does exact same thing. They came out with different rims with a different Lugnut pattern. Why exactly do they have to do that? There is no reason to change a lug nut pattern. They did it so you have to buy crap from them!!!

Just got done installing my lightbar front and the rear. Worst part was I had just installed them on my other one so I had to uninstall them and reinstall them on the Honda :)

Got them on Amazon and I am lucky as the 42" fit on the roof perfectly through the existing holes that hold the roof to the bracket.

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
That's even worse, because if the cut outs arent even for storage, and you bought their products, what exactly were they planning on leaving you with? Guess absolutely no storage! If any vehicle beckons for a center counsel it's this one with all that open floor space.

It's just like the rollbars are just a tad over 1.75. I wonder why that is? Maybe because all of the millions of adapters for 1.75 rollbar won't fit and you have to buy "Honda genuine"? I was a little leary from the very beginning that Honda wasn't willing to throw some kind of basic accessories with the purchase. Things like a winch I understand. Things like a top and a windshield I do not. Problem is, I don't know if this is standard in the industry and they all do that. Problem is my first one came with it all and as such, spoiled me.

It's not that everybody doesn't do it. It's just irritating when they do because it really shows that no company out there cares about the consumer, they only care about the consumers money. Not just Honda, GM does exact same thing. They came out with different rims with a different Lugnut pattern. Why exactly do they have to do that? There is no reason to change a lug nut pattern. They did it so you have to buy crap from them!!!

Just got done installing my lightbar front and the rear. Worst part was I had just installed them on my other one so I had to uninstall them and reinstall them on the Honda :)

Got them on Amazon and I am lucky as the 42" fit on the roof perfectly through the existing holes that hold the roof to the bracket.

Well the rollbar thing is not a problem because oem mounts are ridiculously amazing and go for like 13 bucks a piece. That's almost cheaper than any other ones. Plus quick dosconnect.

You put your stuff in the bed, though I agree low storage space. Polaris has lots of space under seat for storage. They could have put a nice bucket under the seat, though it would have been tough to get at anyway by design of seat.

One thought is to rip your metal safety warning off the dash and cut that whole pig out and install a large cubby. But it is the indistry standard. So deal. Can am has nice storage on dash. So does polaris. Yamaha doesnt. Honda doesnt.

Lug nut thing is stupid, but at the same time, polaris using stupid off shape intakes making it impossible to snorkel without weird parts. Honda uses standard size intake tubing.

Trade offs. Always trade offs. If there was a perfect machine, there would only be one side by side on the market.

advertisement