pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got my 1000 back from dealer they did the clutch update and the heat issue the clutch seems to be alot tighter now as far as taking off and accelerating at speed more responsive would be the best way to say it I havent had it out on the trails yet but will keep you guys posted on how it does and as for the heat fix believe it or not it does make a noticeable difference it was not very hot when I went for a short ride but I could tell that helped

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Give us another review when you get it out on the trails. I'm still gonna hold off until my clutches start giving me trouble.

Reactions: pct and sharp
Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
And I got my letter from Honda the day after I brought it home from getting it fixed HaHa
Wonder if they are going by serial numbers to send out the letters? Starting at the beginning and working their way through. US first then Canada. Anyone got any knowledge into this?

Reactions: pct
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wonder if they are going by serial numbers to send out the letters? Starting at the beginning and working their way through. US first then Canada. Anyone got any knowledge into this?
That's a good question. I just got my letter couple of days ago. I've owned mine since 1-5-16.

adnoh

adnoh

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2013
just got mine a few days ago. Bought it in november of 15

txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did yall call in a with a heat complaint? I did and I was one of the first in my area to get the notice ( according to the local dealer)

Reactions: sret77 and pct
Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Did yall call in a with a heat complaint? I did and I was one of the first in my area to get the notice ( according to the local dealer)
Ya called the dealer. They were not even aware of the cabin comfort kit. Asked about the clutch update and was told that they just got the bulletin. They called the tech line (Honda Canada ) and as they told me the tech line asked him how I new about the update because they just started sending info to the dealers. LOL. Sounds like it could be awhile.Not to worried about the comfort kit but would really like the clutch update done.
Still havent got a letter

advertisement
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ya called the dealer. They were not even aware of the cabin comfort kit. Asked about the clutch update and was told that they just got the bulletin. They called the tech line (Honda Canada ) and as they told me the tech line asked him how I new about the update because they just started sending info to the dealers. LOL. Sounds like it could be awhile.Not to worried about the comfort kit but would really like the clutch update done.
Still havent got a letter
It's amazing how better informed this forum is than most Honda dealerships.

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ain’t that the truth !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It's amazing how better informed this forum is than most Honda dealerships.

Not making excuses for the dealer, but they have a lot of different models they need to handle, and then add on other brands on top of it. All we worry about here is the pioneer.

Ya I hear what your saying but,when I worked in a GM dealership bulletins took a high priority . This gave better customer service and improved repair information. I expect the same from Honda.

Reactions: DRAGFOOT
DRAGFOOT

DRAGFOOT

Lifetime Member
Mar 16, 2016
MINNESOTA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ya I hear what your saying but,when I worked in a GM dealership bulletins took a high priority . This gave better customer service and improved repair information. I expect the same from Honda.

Car dealers are a whole different animal, I'm sure Honda car dealers operate totally different than any powersports dealer does.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Car dealers are a whole different animal, I'm sure Honda car dealers operate totally different than any powersports dealer does.

Why do you think that is or would be?

DRAGFOOT

DRAGFOOT

Lifetime Member
Mar 16, 2016
MINNESOTA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Why do you think that is or would be?

Well, as someone who has worked in both and done a fair amount of business with both....Car dealers are more professional in all departments. And that's not a dig on anyone that works in a powersports dealership. But many people complain of the quality of the help at a powersports dealership more so than that of a car dealer and lets face it, its obvious to see. Car techs are better trained, sales associates while most don't know s*** sometimes, the ones who have been doing it a while are very well informed. Motorsports guys are usally younger people, not overly professional that work there for a job because they think its cool and it probably isn't really a career for them......because they end up finding there is no money in it and a ton of hours. So they move on and in comes the next inexperienced kid who doesn't know much and consequently we don't get the service that many feel they should.

advertisement