P1000 Clutch Recommendations?

WillyMakeit

WillyMakeit

Apr 24, 2021
Terre haute
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Alright guys, my Primary clutch finally gave up after getting me through several rides. I'm curious about the best place/website to order a primary clutch through, any recommendations will be much appreciated.
IMG 11501

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
What year is that?

Reactions: Smitty335
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How do you like your frontline ACPs? I have them planned for this year and would like to hear your thoughts. 30s?

Regarding your clutch pack, OEM is the only option I know to buy a full clutch pack. If you burned them at 3000, you most likely tried to rev it when the tires couldn't turn, a big no-no with these machines. Get off the throttle if they're not turning and the clutches should last a very long time.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It seems like there was an aftermarket supplier of the internal plates, if you wanted to go that route. Maybe someone can chime in on that

WillyMakeit

WillyMakeit

Apr 24, 2021
Terre haute
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How do you like your frontline ACPs? I have them planned for this year and would like to hear your thoughts. 30s?

Regarding your clutch pack, OEM is the only option I know to buy a full clutch pack. If you burned them at 3000, you most likely tried to rev it when the tires couldn't turn, a big no-no with these machines. Get off the throttle if they're not turning and the clutches should last a very long time.
The ACPs are amazing I have the 28x9s on mine and have loved them not so much in the sand or road cruising but they get the job done. Put them on my buggy at around 700 miles and I’d say they are about 50% wear maybe a little more. They were ridden on a lot of asphalt and chip seal in turf mode, and rear diff lock through trails. Overall the wandering on the road is probably my biggest complaint about them but overall absolute beast of a tire, gonna try out their BDCs this year in hopes they will handle a little better on roads and creek riding. Back to the clutch though Creek riding last summer and snow this winter is what was really hard on my clutch ( along with a few beverages ) after I fix the clutch gonna try for the different tires and possibly a dynojet tune

Reactions: Lady01
WillyMakeit

WillyMakeit

Apr 24, 2021
Terre haute
Ownership

1. 1000-5

The ACPs are amazing I have the 28x9s on mine and have loved them not so much in the sand or road cruising but they get the job done. Put them on my buggy at around 700 miles and I’d say they are about 50% wear maybe a little more. They were ridden on a lot of asphalt and chip seal in turf mode, and rear diff lock through trails. Overall the wandering on the road is probably my biggest complaint about them but overall absolute beast of a tire, gonna try out their BDCs this year in hopes they will handle a little better on roads and creek riding. Back to the clutch though Creek riding last summer and snow this winter is what was really hard on my clutch ( along with a few beverages ) after I fix the clutch gonna try for the different tires and possibly a dynojet tune

advertisement
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Honda wont cover clutches under any circumstances, unless another part failure can be determined to be the cause of the clutch failure.

I can burn a clutch out of a stock Pioneer or Talon in 5 minutes in the parking lot. Its all about how its driven.
Interesting 🤔

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Honda wont cover clutches under any circumstances, unless another part failure can be determined to be the cause of the clutch failure.

I can burn a clutch out of a stock Pioneer or Talon in 5 minutes in the parking lot. Its all about how its driven.
A clutch on any vehicle is always the weakest link in my opinion. I have had a few cars and trucks with clutch transmissions and the clutches in most if not all of them can be burnt in about the same amount of time if they aren't used properly.

Reactions: Plowboy1466
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
By holding the brake and gas pedals down at the same time? That's about the only way I could think of doing it in a parking lot. 🤔

H

HondaTech

By holding the brake and gas pedals down at the same time? That's about the only way I could think of doing it in a parking lot. 🤔
Using the throttle to hols the machine on a hill

Trying to push against something or over something when the machine isnt moving but the engine rpm is fluctuating or flaring

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ah, yeah...it was only my imagination that was lacking. Bumper up to a car or a street light pole and throttle it, that'd do it. Hill-holding would require an uphill drive to the parking lot.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This sounds like a challenge to me!! @HondaTech can "do it" in 5-minutes . . . do I hear 4? Anyone? Going once . . .

• Haha
Reactions: Plowboy1466