P1000 Close call

JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After reading the dash panel warning label I wondered how I was still alive to do so, considering I was sitting in the machine, in the garage, not wearing a seatbelt or helmet, with the key in the ignition.
I quickly grabbed my drill and proceeded to remove the warning plate, barely averting disaster.
Once I got the warning label off I felt safe enough to remove some very stubborn adhesive from behind it.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Congratulations on barely managing to survive what could easily have been a catastrophe of epic proportions!

Bland textured ABS plastic is available on Amazon etc. to make good of your almost terrible experience. As unlikely as it may seem, a few others have survived, though clearly shaken, to address this issue too:

20210826 210127
20211221 215040

Worse1

Worse1

Jul 14, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Congratulations on barely managing to survive what could easily have been a catastrophe of epic proportions!

Bland textured ABS plastic is available on Amazon etc. to make good of your almost terrible experience. As unlikely as it may seem, a few others have survived, though clearly shaken, to address this issue too:

View attachment 319185View attachment 319186Pretty clean install. 👌

OlYeller15

OlYeller15

Jan 30, 2021
Georgia
Ownership

1. 500
S
After reading the dash panel warning label I wondered how I was still alive to do so, considering I was sitting in the machine, in the garage, not wearing a seatbelt or helmet, with the key in the ignition.
I quickly grabbed my drill and proceeded to remove the warning plate, barely averting disaster.
Once I got the warning label off I felt safe enough to remove some very stubborn adhesive from behind it.
I bet your one of those “ radical individuals” who removed the tag from the mattress also!😂

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
S

I bet your one of those “ radical individuals” who removed the tag from the mattress also!😂

Oh heck no! I'm no scofflaw! That tag said not to remove under penalty of law! Prolly more serious even that voting 4 times in the last election, sneakin' across the border, leaving billions in high tech arms for the enemy, or truckers blocking a bridge or something!

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
My son was disappointed I took off that warning label. He likes the picture that says, if you have 2 guys you can ride on 2 wheels
The old AquaTrax (how dose a boat leave tracks?) had a warning to not allow bodily orifices come in contact with the water jet.
I always wanted to know what the EU version with pictagraph warnings looked like.....

Last edited:
advertisement
HondaRed16

HondaRed16

Oct 27, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 319185View attachment 319186
That is very nice & clean, where did you get the switch panel or did you make it?

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That is very nice & clean, where did you get the switch panel or did you make it?
Thanks for the complement.

Yes, the plastic, ABS sheet from Amazon (about $17.50), is almost a dead ringer for the rest of the panel finish. I didn't exactly trace around the warning placard, as that didn't fit all that nicely. On panel recessed area - even what looks like a 90 degree angle - isn't! So instead, I added about 3/16" to the shape of the new panel where needed, then used a belt sander to remove material, sand-fit, sand-fit repeat ad nauseam, until I got a good match.

This is one of those "I'll do it later" upgrades that probably should be moved closer to the head of the line, as removing the placard and cutting a hole beneath, provides handy access that sure simplifies other wiring chores from the under hood to panel.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Had to look back to see what you were talking about. Has it always been there on the LEs?
Yes, the LEs, and the follow-on SE (an LE with a few add-ons), use the same panel layout that's different than the more plebian models. Our warning decal is bigger, LE/SE owners tend to be a bit stubborn I guess, so it's Honda's futile attempt at trying to get us pay more attention.