Check out this trailer

Jbird

Jbird

Jan 6, 2016
Mena, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Don't know the price of that trailer but I would think the Big Tex 35S 77"X12' would do everything that one would do with a lot more utility for hauling things other than the Pioneer.

Reactions: albert621
R

RJB

Mar 31, 2016
Durango, Colorado
To be honest with you, I don't like it unless your on a budget and it is a WHOLE lot less than a normal utility trailer. On a utility trailer your rig will be a more protected from road debris and spray when the road is wet. Also, with a regular utility trailer you can also use it for what it's intended for, hauling things, so it has a dual purpose. Just my 2 cents.
Check out PJ trailers. They make a very well built trailer. Better than the Big Tex that others have mentioned here. I am on my 4th PJ trailer and I've been super happy with every one of them. I'm not sure about the others but PJ acid washes there's and powder coats them. The wiring is superior to most others as well. This is a quality way to paint that will keep your trailer looking good for years.

Jbird

Jbird

Jan 6, 2016
Mena, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
To be honest with you, I don't like it unless your on a budget and it is a WHOLE lot less than a normal utility trailer. On a utility trailer your rig will be a more protected from road debris and spray when the road is wet. Also, with a regular utility trailer you can also use it for what it's intended for, hauling things, so it has a dual purpose. Just my 2 cents.
Check out PJ trailers. They make a very well built trailer. Better than the Big Tex that others have mentioned here. I am on my 4th PJ trailer and I've been super happy with every one of them. I'm not sure about the others but PJ acid washes there's and powder coats them. The wiring is superior to most others as well. This is a quality way to paint that will keep your trailer looking good for years.
How much is the PJ trailer in a 6 1/2 ft X 12 ft, single axle 3500#?

R

RJB

Mar 31, 2016
Durango, Colorado
I'm pretty sure I paid $1875 including a mounted spare tire. I had the six foot wide one for my Rzr for 8 years and loved it but it was a few inches narrow for the Pioneer so it gpt sold with the Rzr to my buddy. My good past experience is why I went with the PJ 6 1/2.
I live in Durango CO and purchased mine just across the state line in New Mexico. In a mountain town things cost a bit more so I'm sure they're a bit less in other states. Just 45 miles down the road in the next town they wanted $2150 for the same trailer.

T

taylorman

Jun 19, 2016
Lafayette La
RJB I love Durango. I may be buying a condo there soon. I plan on bringing the pioneer out there to do some riding soon. I just downloaded a bunch of maps onto my god yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jbird

Jbird

Jan 6, 2016
Mena, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm pretty sure I paid $1875 including a mounted spare tire. I had the six foot wide one for my Rzr for 8 years and loved it but it was a few inches narrow for the Pioneer so it gpt sold with the Rzr to my buddy. My good past experience is why I went with the PJ 6 1/2.
I live in Durango CO and purchased mine just across the state line in New Mexico. In a mountain town things cost a bit more so I'm sure they're a bit less in other states. Just 45 miles down the road in the next town they wanted $2150 for the same trailer.
Just ordered a Big Tex 35S 77" X 12' with 2" Pipe top rail, 3500# axel, spare tire side mount, and hydraulic ramp assist for $1387.00. I have a 5x8 Big Tex that I bought new in 1998 that is still in good shape and has been hauled back and fourth to Vermont twice. Been parked uncovered its whole life and I have never had to replace the floor. Pulls like it's not even back there. Very satisfied with this product.

T

taylorman

Jun 19, 2016
Lafayette La
I have another trailer capable of hauling the Pioneer. This trailer would be used just for the Pioneer to haul it back and fourth to the hunting club. Easy to load and unload, small and light. Thanks for the input.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

M

Massey1635

Can anyone tell me if a Big Tex 35SA (77"x10') would be big enough to haul a 1000-3 EPS? Width is probably good but the 10' length is what concerns me.

Jbird

Jbird

Jan 6, 2016
Mena, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can anyone tell me if a Big Tex 35SA (77"x10') would be big enough to haul a 1000-3 EPS? Width is probably good but the 10' length is what concerns me.
I was looking at a 10 footer before I ordered the 12 footer. Some guy with a 10 footer said he really regretted not getting the 12 footer because everything was too crowded.
So I ordered the 12 footer to carry my P1K-5 which is the same overall length as the P1K-3. Besides you might need the room for gas cans or a little camping gear. Your units overall length is 116.2 " and the 10 foot trailer is 120". That's less than 2" to spare on each end.

Last edited:
advertisement
M

Massey1635

I was looking at a 10 footer before I ordered the 12 footer. Some guy with a 10 footer said he really regretted not getting the 12 footer because everything was too crowded.
So I ordered the 12 footer to carry my P1K-5 which is the same overall length as the P1K-3. Besides you might need the room for gas cans or a little camping gear. Your units overall length is 116.2 " and the 10 foot trailer is 120". That's less than 2" to spare on each end.

Kinda afraid of that. Thing is, I already have the 10' trailer and picking up my pioneer in a couple of days. Was hoping I wouldn't have to trade up on the trailer. Always something isn't it? :)

Jbird

Jbird

Jan 6, 2016
Mena, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Kinda afraid of that. Thing is, I already have the 10' trailer and picking up my pioneer in a couple of days. Was hoping I wouldn't have to trade up on the trailer. Always something isn't it? :)
Well you ought to at least be able to get it home. Lol.

rubicon05

rubicon05

Dec 24, 2015
Southern, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you would back it on the trailer you would gain a few inches I'd think....

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any port in a storm I always say! But actually that's pretty good for a Polaris owner. ..lol

Reactions: GlockMeister
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

I use a 10' trailer sometime. It's not a problem at all. It's nice to have such a small trailer in the tight parking places where I park to ride. Now sometimes, I opt for the enclosed 18' or dove tail 20' when the situation calls for it. But the 10' trailer is my go to for short trips if I'm only hauling one rig.

M

Massey1635

I use a 10' trailer sometime. It's not a problem at all. It's nice to have such a small trailer in the tight parking places where I park to ride. Now sometimes, I opt for the enclosed 18' or dove tail 20' when the situation calls for it. But the 10' trailer is my go to for short trips if I'm only hauling one rig.

Thanks all. Good information.

KevinSC

KevinSC

Dec 31, 2015
Thanks all. Good information.
All I can say is down 2 earth. Best trailers for the money if you are around Georgia or South Carolina, but it's like everything else if you take care of it it will take care of you. All these trailers today are made about the same. Just make sure to grease the axles every other trip and don't forget checking the air pressure on the tires. A lot of people will buy a fancy trailer and it will be ruint in 2 years because of not checking air pressure and not greasing the hubs.

Jbird

Jbird

Jan 6, 2016
Mena, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Milk run. Drove 2.25 hours to pick up my trailer. Big Tex called and said that the trailer I ordered would be another three weeks before it was produced but they had a grey one on the yard and they could add the options I ordered and I could pick it up today. When I got there they had it ready with the hydraulic assist ramp, the solid plate across the front painted to match, and had even added the side mount with a spare tire. They said they were discounting it $100 because it wasn't the color I wanted. Oh and by the way they were giving me a wider trailer at no extra charge.
12' X 88" instead of 12' X 77". They didn't tell me about the width until I got there to pick it up. Great deal for $1250. They did mention that my trailer I ordered was still in line to be built if I needed it. Got home and the gray trailer is not going to work. There are 17 sharp switchbacks going up the mountain to our cabin and it was a major pain getting this thing up here with the extra width. I am going to call them Monday and tell them I am going to have to bring this one back when my ordered trailer gets built and trade them out. Nothing is ever easy.

Last edited:
advertisement