P500 Cheap Glove Box attempt

NPN

NPN

Mar 30, 2017
Manitoba
Ownership

1. 500
Was so frustrated that I had no place to put keys, wallet, GLOVES, sun glasses etc. I know it doesn't compare to some offered on this forum but for under $17, it serves my purpose. Drilled a small drain hole in the bottom and haven't thought of a lid...might not. Or if I want to make or buy something better it comes out easily. I think we should all petition Honda to send P500 owners a genuine glove box kit as a good will gesture!

IMG 3173

Last edited:
500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
Was so frustrated that I had no place to put keys, wallet, GLOVES, sun glasses etc. I know it doesn't compare to some offered on this forum but for under $17, it serves my purpose. Drilled a small drain hole in the bottom and haven't though of a lid...might not. Or if I want to make or buy something better it comes out easily. I think we should all petition Honda to send P500 owners a genuine glove box kit as a good will gesture!

View attachment 40681
I used an old dishpan under the front hood. If the windshield is up a few inches you can get to it by turning 1 hood screw. Not waterproof because the cup holder drains into it but it stay pretty dry.

sgerksinwi

sgerksinwi

Sep 24, 2016
WISCONSIN
Ownership

1. 500
Was so frustrated that I had no place to put keys, wallet, GLOVES, sun glasses etc. I know it doesn't compare to some offered on this forum but for under $17, it serves my purpose. Drilled a small drain hole in the bottom and haven't though of a lid...might not. Or if I want to make or buy something better it comes out easily. I think we should all petition Honda to send P500 owners a genuine glove box kit as a good will gesture!

View attachment 40681
Is it PVC? Size? Depth?How's it attach?
Look like a winner

NPN

NPN

Mar 30, 2017
Manitoba
Ownership

1. 500
Look like a winner
I used 3 pieces of 4" pipe. 1pvc cap, 1 ABS 4" coupler and 1 pvc fitting with a flare in it. I sprayed the pvc pieces with black box liner. Cut off the flared piece so it just bottoms into the middle 4" abs coupler. Held together by friction and a bit of automotive Goop. It actually looks and works better in real life.

IMG 3169 IMG 3170 IMG 3171 IMG 3172 IMG 3174

Reactions: JWB
NPN

NPN

Mar 30, 2017
Manitoba
Ownership

1. 500
Look like a winner
It's about 5 inches deep and the natural angle of the dash keeps stuff from bouncing out. The 4" abs coupler and pvc cap go under the hood and the pvc piece with a lip on it pushes in from the inside of the cab. Now that I've done it, it can be completed in about 30 minutes. I was a bit impatient and handled the flared piece a bit before the bed liner dried completely. After a very rough ditch ride my phone was still sitting in it.

sgerksinwi

sgerksinwi

Sep 24, 2016
WISCONSIN
Ownership

1. 500
It's about 5 inches deep and the natural angle of the dash keeps stuff from bouncing out. The 4" abs coupler and pvc cap go under the hood and the pvc piece with a lip on it pushes in from the inside of the cab. Now that I've done it, it can be completed in about 30 minutes. I was a bit impatient and handled the flared piece a bit before the bed liner dried completely. After a very rough ditch ride my phone was still sitting in it.
Thanks