P1000m5 catch me up fellas

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
so, i still dont have my rig. its still in the shop from when i rolled it. they keep saying s*** like, they sent the wrong color doors, and the rollcage they got was bent from the factory and blahblahblah. so i havent really been on the forum because i dont have my rig right now. ive had my lift kit and a arms sitting in my living room for a month now.

heres what i know, or think i know.

1. honda has a prototype for a heatshield and we can expect to see something from someone within a few months or something like that.

2. snorkel the damn rig

3. snorkel the damn rig.

4. honda has no big plans for 2017. just minor tweeks to existing rigs.

did i miss anything else thats actually important news?

im getting upset not having my rig. its been nearly two months and they dont even have the parts yet. im about to call them and tell them to put it together and im going to take it somewhere else.

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
so, i still dont have my rig. its still in the shop from when i rolled it. they keep saying s*** like, they sent the wrong color doors, and the rollcage they got was bent from the factory and blahblahblah. so i havent really been on the forum because i dont have my rig right now. ive had my lift kit and a arms sitting in my living room for a month now.

1. honda has a prototype for a heatshield and we can expect to see something from someone within a few months or something like that.

2. snorkel the damn rig

3. snorkel the damn rig.

im getting upset not having my rig. its been nearly two months and they dont even have the parts yet. im about to call them and tell them to put it together and im going to take it somewhere else.

1. I get the impression it really isn't much better than just doing it yourself from heat shield material and the bilge blower does a better job but I haven't really read any data about before and after on the Honda shield.

4. We won't know until November. For whatever reason, Honda isn't releasing a 2017 Pioneer 1000 until that time. The 2017 P500 gets and auto and the P700 gets paddles.

I like my Pioneer better.

Does that count?

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
no that doesnt count.

how is the break in going? i just read your post. im telling you, if your only at or around 100 miles its going to get even better. put another 100 miles on it and change the oil. my s*** is dead quiet, and you cant feel shifts, only hear engine revs change slightly.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's crazy that they have had it for nearly two months, your defiantly more patient that I would be. If they don't know when it will be ready when you ask I would take it somewhere else.

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
no that doesnt count.

how is the break in going? i just read your post. im telling you, if your only at or around 100 miles its going to get even better. put another 100 miles on it and change the oil. my s*** is dead quiet, and you cant feel shifts, only hear engine revs change slightly.

Other than the dealer not adjusting the shifters right, I am liking it quite a bit better, as everyone told me I would.

I think I am at something around 107 miles now

The clutch juddering is noticeably lessened now too. The frequency seems to be higher and the amplitude lower so instead of feeling like a violent thrumming shudder it is now a barely noticeable very fast almost groan now. If I wasn't specifically looking for it/expecting it I probably would never have noticed it.

I also did some serious research into a couple of other units I was interested in and their performance under similar conditions (hills) and they are just as bad if not worse and require modifications to the point that I could probably pay for at least 1 clutch pack replacement if not close to 2 of them and on top of that I would lose more than a total clutch replacement on trading the unit in/selling it so I am better off working with what I have until either something super wonderful comes out or something irreplaceably breaks.

As an example of how much we are using it. I really didn't believe that we had gotten to 100 miles already since the unit is only 3 weeks old as of yesterday. I was afraid that there was something wrong with the odometer because we just couldn't have driven it that much. So I drove my truck and my car to the same place in the road and measured the odometer readings and they matched exactly.

I guess we are just using it and enjoying it a lot more than we are realizing. Time and distance apparently flies when you are having fun. :D

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
1. I get the impression it really isn't much better than just doing it yourself from heat shield material and the bilge blower does a better job but I haven't really read any data about before and after on the Honda shield.

4. We won't know until November. For whatever reason, Honda isn't releasing a 2017 Pioneer 1000 until that time. The 2017 P500 gets and auto and the P700 gets paddles.

I like my Pioneer better.

Does that count?
Yes that counts! And I'm liking the idea of the fan better then the factory fix. Seems like that's a better idea so you still have heat when you need

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes that counts! And I'm liking the idea of the fan better then the factory fix. Seems like that's a better idea so you still have heat when you need
Honestly it is a better idea. No piece of rubber is going to work better than a blower. Period. Keep what shielding you have on it and get the blower. Heat problem solved. Move on......

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Honestly it is a better idea. No piece of rubber is going to work better than a blower. Period. Keep what shielding you have on it and get the blower. Heat problem solved. Move on......

I'm sure you guys said this somewhere...but did you and @joeymt33 have only a fan and no other insulation under the seat? And heat is gone?

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm sure you guys said this somewhere...but did you and @joeymt33 have only a fan and no other insulation under the seat? And heat is gone?
I have the heat shield from bayiuownbeer on it. I didn't take any temp readings without it, but I'm confident it helped.

Reactions: Hometeam
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I bet the fan does a lot by itself but the the insulation and taping the seatbelt holes greatly helped.

I plan on removing the tape and insulation in a few months for the cold weather.

advertisement
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
this^^^ I tried insulation and sealing first, and still had to install the blower. based on what I experienced, the blower is the solution to the heat issue. no amount of sealing or insulation solved the problem to my satisfaction.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
this^^^ I tried insulation and sealing first, and still had to install the blower. based on what I experienced, the blower is the solution to the heat issue. no amount of sealing or insulation solved the problem to my satisfaction.
Agreed. And thanks for pushing me off the fence about installing one. Well worth the effort.

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC

2. snorkel the damn rig

3. snorkel the damn rig.

The other thing that struck me the last couple months - on and off this forum - is talk about accidents and safety issues.
Lots of reminders to keep safety in mind when using these rigs.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I laughed when i read that. It took about 20 seconds then "holy s### he's right".
Have you tried it?
No haven't tried it but I see no reason why it wouldn't work. DC motor wired backwards...runs backwards lol. I credit Joey with thinking of that.

Reactions: joeymt33
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
No haven't tried it but I see no reason why it wouldn't work. DC motor wired backwards...runs backwards lol. I credit Joey with thinking of that.

You could cut a hole in the plastic just behind your calf under the seat, and run a pipe to that hole and it would blow the heat in between the passenger and the driver.

May be only worth it if you have the full cab. You could pipe it to that piece of plastic that burns the butt of anyone sits in the middle…

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes the BYOB shield by itself helped me out by taking the radiant edge off. Before I installed it my little 7 yr old nephew could not sit with his back against the seat when riding middle front. I am going to try the blower too.

But i need to remember I live in Northern Minnesota and it will not be hot for much longer. In May the heat felt great when it was 60 degrees out.

Fellas? Its a water resistant marine blower from Amazon? 4 inch size?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yes the BYOB shield by itself helped me out by taking the radiant edge off. Before I installed it my little 7 yr old nephew could not sit with his back against the seat when riding middle front. I am going to try the blower too.

But i need to remember I live in Northern Minnesota and it will not be hot for much longer. In May the heat felt great when it was 60 degrees out.

Fellas? Its a water resistant marine blower from Amazon? 4 inch size?

I used a Atwood 4" blower from amazon.

advertisement