R

RobertwHarley

Lifetime Member
Jun 17, 2016
Huntsville, Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone out there has tried to set up the P1-5 for casualty evac? I'm trying to figure out a way to be able to mount a stretcher on either rear side so that the other seat could be an attendant. I'm on a local VFD and also work a lot of mass crowd events like rallies and musical events where 35-45K people are present and a full size vehicle is almost impossible to get around in.

I'm toying with the idea of a stokes basket or a NARP folding stretcher so that it doesn't take up a lot of room until you need it.

Thoughts?
If anyone has done this, please share pics as I will once I'm done with my mods.

Thanks.

Jediwrathchild

Jediwrathchild

Apr 24, 2016
Kodiak, AK
the litters I work with are helicopter hoistable, and will collapse in the middle Into two sections. I would have to measure, but the assembled width of a litter probably wouldn't fit length wise with a seat up in the rear. I would think having a mount off the rear hitch to support the litter perpendicular would be great. But then EMS wouldn't have a seat to be strapped into, they'd have to kneel in the bed if working on someone.

Jediwrathchild

Jediwrathchild

Apr 24, 2016
Kodiak, AK
If the individual was of average size, a standard backboard would definitely work though length wise.

R

RobertwHarley

Lifetime Member
Jun 17, 2016
Huntsville, Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
the litters I work with are helicopter hoistable, and will collapse in the middle Into two sections. I would have to measure, but the assembled width of a litter probably wouldn't fit length wise with a seat up in the rear. I would think having a mount off the rear hitch to support the litter perpendicular would be great. But then EMS wouldn't have a seat to be strapped into, they'd have to kneel in the bed if working on someone.
Hi,
I agree that the width is an issue but I am willing to try anything which means even cutting into the right seat metal back to have the fit. It would also work as a stabilizer. The only way to to this properly is to have the attendant beside the patient. Having someone off behind the vehicle you might as well use the stokes trailers which my VFD has already. Do you know the make of the two piece stokes? I've seen them where you can backpack them in. Is this the model you were talking about?

One way or the other, I will post what I have done to get this going. I have until the 3rd week of July to get it working because that's the first concert.

Reactions: Jediwrathchild
Jediwrathchild

Jediwrathchild

Apr 24, 2016
Kodiak, AK
Hi,
I agree that the width is an issue but I am willing to try anything which means even cutting into the right seat metal back to have the fit. It would also work as a stabilizer. The only way to to this properly is to have the attendant beside the patient. Having someone off behind the vehicle you might as well use the stokes trailers which my VFD has already. Do you know the make of the two piece stokes? I've seen them where you can backpack them in. Is this the model you were talking about?

One way or the other, I will post what I have done to get this going. I have until the 3rd week of July to get it working because that's the first concert.

This is what we use. LSI makes it. Even with the floats removed I wouldn't want to backpack it in anywhere.

R

RobertwHarley

Lifetime Member
Jun 17, 2016
Huntsville, Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is what we use. LSI makes it. Even with the floats removed I wouldn't want to backpack it in anywhere.

View attachment 17097
Hi,
Thanks again for the response.
This is what I found out from my trial and errors. LOL

A NARP army issue folding stretcher will sit on top of the rail behind the driver or passenger seat and all you have to do is put two 45mm Honda light brackets into the bar and the handles fit right into them. Then all you have to do is use two tiedowns for the dog legs to the rear bumper. For added strength, I am going to add two tiedown points to the back of the rear seat just under the front dog legs as well. This gives you storage under the stretcher and the attendant to the one side of your choice. Once I get it all installed, I will add pics on this site.

Thanks again
Bob