P500 Cannot Down Shift

Nathan_HogsFan

Nathan_HogsFan

Dec 21, 2015
NE Arkansas
Last night I took my P500 down to my mom n dads who live down the block from me. I left it running as I was just dropping something off and coming right back. When I went back out to reverse and leave it would not down shift at all I tried rocking it as that is usually all it takes and nothing. I can upshift just fine. Finally after pressing the paddle shifter several times it downshifted once then wouldn't do it again. I had rode it the night before and it did great didn't have a single problem and even earlier that say day it was fine. About two hours before going to my mom n dads I had pressure washed it really well inside and out, but it did fine going down to their house. I pushed it down my parents drive way and brought it home to let it sit until today when I would try it again thinking maybe something got wet and it just needed to dry. Unfortunately that did nothing it still won't down shift. I don't see any wires to check coming from the paddle shifters. Mine is a 2016 and has less than 300 miles on it. Any suggestions?

D

Deleted member 3748

Last night I took my P500 down to my mom n dads who live down the block from me. I left it running as I was just dropping something off and coming right back. When I went back out to reverse and leave it would not down shift at all I tried rocking it as that is usually all it takes and nothing. I can upshift just fine. Finally after pressing the paddle shifter several times it downshifted once then wouldn't do it again. I had rode it the night before and it did great didn't have a single problem and even earlier that say day it was fine. About two hours before going to my mom n dads I had pressure washed it really well inside and out, but it did fine going down to their house. I pushed it down my parents drive way and brought it home to let it sit until today when I would try it again thinking maybe something got wet and it just needed to dry. Unfortunately that did nothing it still won't down shift. I don't see any wires to check coming from the paddle shifters. Mine is a 2016 and has less than 300 miles on it. Any suggestions?
I'm not in a spot to research this, butt maybe there is a fuse blown?

D

Deleted member 3748

Check the owners manual for limp mode. You may need to reset it.