Campers, Toy Haulers and Tents. Mobile Manors?

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where do you sleep, dine and relax in when you're not on your SXS while out exploring the wilds? Do you rough it in tents or sleep out under the stars? Is your drivable domicile a box trailer that you haul your toys in or are you in a mobile monstrosity with a bounty of bling? I'm new to this whole SXS thing but I've been heavily exploring this great country for a period of 2-3 months each year for the past 8, always looking for a new horizon. At first I slept in the back of my truck under the topper. Then I made an expedition trailer from an old 1967 M416 Military Jeep trailer and mounted a roof top tent on it. Finally I got my current rig on. It's a 2015 Four Wheel Camper Hawk, It's a slide in, pop top, truck camper. It's perfect for myself and my dog with a queen sized over the cab bunk, 12v fridge freezer, forced air furnace with thermostat, a 2 burner stove, sink with a 20 gallon water tank and an outside shower. I've had my rig in some pretty amazing and even scary white knuckled Jeep trails no full size should be on and luckily I survived.
So, what do you guys drive, tow or pack to make your lives much more comfortable while buzzing around the trails of America?
IMG 0218
IMG 3078
IMG 0008
IMG 0010
IMG 0053
IMG 0092

Jediwrathchild

Jediwrathchild

Apr 24, 2016
Kodiak, AK
Great setup you got there! I'd like to build a small off-road trailer to pull behind the Honda someday and throw my Rooftop tent on it. Currently this is my setup. Works really great! For such a big low trailer it does pretty good on crappy rutted roads. Maybe someday I'll get a long bed and run a FWC like yours. But would need the grandby for the wife and dog.IMG 0306IMG 0632IMG 3714

Reactions: 100Acre and sharp
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Great setup you got there! I'd like to build a small off-road trailer to pull behind the Honda someday and throw my Rooftop tent on it. Currently this is my setup. Works really great! For such a big low trailer it does pretty good on crappy rutted roads. Maybe someday I'll get a long bed and run a FWC like yours. But would need the grandby for the wife and dog.View attachment 42317View attachment 42318View attachment 42319
In hind sight I wish I had ordered the Grandy model. I could use the extra 2' of space. my truck bed is the 6.5'.