Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I have a 2020 Pioneer Deluxe 1000-5. I really like the machine but my problem is that the camo is bubbling up and coming off. Have any of you had this problem? Thanks

It's been a known problem for a long time. The camo looks BA but ends up fading and peeling.

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
1sr.Welcome MCFowler from central upstate N.Y
RED was the1st. Color all other colors followed Honda hopes they sell. & they do.

Plenty of Good people & information on the Honda forum.

SXS plastic does NOT lend itself to the SUN vary well
Colors fade I have a set of plastic P500 Red faded almost Pink now & been replaced before machine sold ( for sale $65.00 + shipping )
Had a P500 Camo same problem -- when blisters washed off white underneith -- called that 4 Season Camo
polaris camo -- turns pink -- known as -- gay camo around here

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have a 2020 Pioneer Deluxe 1000-5. I really like the machine but my problem is that the camo is bubbling up and coming off. Have any of you had this problem? Thanks
Welcome From Miiiichigan!

First and formost…
Pics Or It Didnt Happen! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335 and ChadD
russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Mine's peeling on the hood mainly. At some point, I'll be turning blue.

Reactions: Smitty335
Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Apr 24, 2020
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, same year and model and is occurring only on the hood. The local dealer said it most likley was due to an initial scratch in the camo wrap, couple with water getting into the area and under the wrap itself. This is plausible but doesn’t speak too much for Honda’s product development. These machines are supposed to be ready for any type of hunting and trail riding which will included busting through a bit of brush and/or twigs and branches; However it appears Hondacharges us $1K for a cheap wrap.

In any event, I am hopeful someone on this forum can advise of a treatment to stop the pealing with some sort of sealant or touch up paint that is compatible with the vinyl wrap

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Yes, same year and model and is occurring only on the hood. The local dealer said it most likley was due to an initial scratch in the camo wrap, couple with water getting into the area and under the wrap itself. This is plausible but doesn’t speak too much for Honda’s product development. These machines are supposed to be ready for any type of hunting and trail riding which will included busting through a bit of brush and/or twigs and branches; However it appears Hondacharges us $1K for a cheap wrap.

In any event, I am hopeful someone on this forum can advise of a treatment to stop the pealing with some sort of sealant or touch up paint that is compatible with the vinyl wrap

View attachment 433285
I just ignore it. I do/I will do far more damage than a little bit of peeling paint. Meh. It's not like my SXS are a new Dark Horse or anything ... 😀

Reactions: Remington