P700 Camber / Lean

C

CanuckPioneer

Oct 17, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hi Guys, my 2016 P700-4 hasn't been driving or handling any differently, but today I noticed a SIGNIFICANT lean/camber/caster/whatever when the steering wheel is turned to the extreme left/right. I have jacked it up, looked for damage, and can't see any. I have given the wheel a shake in case it was a bearing issue, and everything is tight and looks and feels good. Please help!? should I be concerned? is it possible that this is normal and I have never noticed?! last picture was recently taken to show how the wheels sit when the wheel is straight.

thanks

IMG 6441 IMG 6442 IMG 6443

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
F45A729F 6479 4D11 AA97 6FF98E82B743
E5D988E0 870E 474F 9AD7 3E5A3FB04BA0
Hi Guys, my 2016 P700-4 hasn't been driving or handling any differently, but today I noticed a SIGNIFICANT lean/camber/caster/whatever when the steering wheel is turned to the extreme left/right. I have jacked it up, looked for damage, and can't see any. I have given the wheel a shake in case it was a bearing issue, and everything is tight and looks and feels good. Please help!? should I be concerned? is it possible that this is normal and I have never noticed?! last picture was recently taken to show how the wheels sit when the wheel is straight.

thanks

View attachment 157125 View attachment 157126 View attachment 157127
Here’s a ‘17 stock. It’s on the floor. Are you checking that jacked up? That’ll change the camber a little. I can’t tell by pics. If everything checks out underneath(control arms, tie rods, bearings, etc) then you’re probably good. ;)

Reactions: Backwoods
C

CanuckPioneer

Oct 17, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Ownership

1. 700-4
View attachment 157128 View attachment 157129
Here’s a ‘17 stock. It’s on the floor. Are you checking that jacked up? That’ll change the camber a little. I can’t tell by pics. If everything checks out underneath(control arms, tie rods, bearings, etc) then you’re probably good. ;)

Thanks! Everything does look and feel solid, no obvious damage (I don't ride it all that hard, logging roads and to and from fishing holes) and for all I know its been cambering like that forever and I never noticed?
the pictures are of the Honda on the ground, not jacked up at all

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks! Everything does look and feel solid, no obvious damage (I don't ride it all that hard, logging roads and to and from fishing holes) and for all I know its been cambering like that forever and I never noticed?
the pictures are of the Honda on the ground, not jacked up at all
That’s what it sounds like. Keep an eye on it and ride out. ;)

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Pictures are not the best.

Is this the same view in person as the pics. I have seen cameras add to the effect.

Check to make sure the shocks are not drooping. If factory shocks. Check ground clearance unloaded vs factory specs. + adjustments for tires size.

Im sorry to say there is no real adjustment for anything other than toe.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Pictures are not the best.

Is this the same view in person as the pics. I have seen cameras add to the effect.

Check to make sure the shocks are not drooping. If factory shocks. Check ground clearance unloaded vs factory specs. + adjustments for tires size.

Im sorry to say there is no real adjustment for anything other than toe.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I agree. Looks normal in the straight on shot, but there's something ( camera wise )off about the turned shots. Those aren't GoPro stills are they? Fisheye lense in those makes everything look wonky.