P1000m5 Cab heater options?

M

moechester

Jul 26, 2016
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have read several poor reviews about the Honda cab heater. What are you guys using for cab heat? I want to install a permanent mount system that ties into the coolant system. Thanks in advance.

jasontjames

jasontjames

Lifetime Member
Apr 28, 2016
Melissa, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Seeing as how you are in Texas, I can't imagine you would need more heat than what the machine produces straight from the factory. Do you have hardtop, windshield, full cab, back panel?

Reactions: Bigmaxsdad
jasontjames

jasontjames

Lifetime Member
Apr 28, 2016
Melissa, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My message may have come across as snarky. Didn't intend it to come across that way.

M

moechester

Jul 26, 2016
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No offense taken. I have the soft cab system with windshield. Well actually it is not installed yet since it is currently 100 degrees. I pig hunt at night often during the winter months. Most of the time I am guiding paying customers. My previous rigs (Polaris crew,P-700-4) all had full soft enclosures and cab heaters. Did not use them often but came in handy when the temps were really cold. Mainly to make the experience more enjoyable for the paying customers. You might be correct about the heat produced by the Honda P1000-5 being enough? I would like to error on the side of caution and have the cab heater to keep my hunters happy and coming back.

R

RJB

Mar 31, 2016
Durango, Colorado
I live in SW Colorado. I have the split windshield, hard doors and hard rear panel. I purchased and installed the Honda heater as well. I like the heater. It's not like a heater in your truck because it doesn't blow quite as hard. It has been a nice addition on cold mornings. It should make a huge difference come fall. I even run it on cold mornings with the windows down. I just wish they had a couple vents for the windshield for defrosting. The installation isn't terrible hard but very time consuming. The hardest part is running the vent tubes along the driveshaft to the dash vents. Be VERY carful to use a lot of large zip ties so they don't get caught up in the shaft.