P1000 Bug Buster Windscreen Group Buy?

Jbird

Jbird

Jan 6, 2016
Mena, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any progress on the group buy? I'm ready if anyone else is.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Maybe I don't ride where there are big bugs to hit you, I know there are stories of skeeters in LA that can stand flat footed and shag a turkey but I don't see the usefulness of it. A screen in place of a windshield is about as effective as a ventilated condom. I seen the video the marketing looks good, but if I'm going to have something in front of me I want it to block the bugs, dust, wind, and rain.

Jbird

Jbird

Jan 6, 2016
Mena, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Maybe I don't ride where there are big bugs to hit you, I know there are stories of skeeters in LA that can stand flat footed and shag a turkey but I don't see the usefulness of it. A screen in place of a windshield is about as effective as a ventilated condom. I seen the video the marketing looks good, but if I'm going to have something in front of me I want it to block the bugs, dust, wind, and rain.
I think the advantage if you live in a very hot climate in the summer (I do), you get some dust, bug, and spider web protection with out cutting out the ventilation with a windshield and without creating a vacuum in the cab that draws dust in.

Reactions: JACKAL
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I think the advantage if you live in a very hot climate in the summer (I do), you get some dust, bug, and spider web protection with out cutting out the ventilation with a windshield and without creating a vacuum in the cab that draws dust in.

LOL, I remember the wife b****ing about the spider webs when we rode the four wheelers. Good point.

Reactions: Jbird
Jbird

Jbird

Jan 6, 2016
Mena, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
LOL, I remember the wife b****ing about the spider webs when we rode the four wheelers. Good point.
Exactly. LOL. We've got a lot of those 3" diameter black and yellow spiders that like build webs across the dirt trails at night. Getting one in the face at night will get your attention.:eek:

D

Digger

Jan 7, 2016
I have one. To me the biggest advantage is lack of dust.It's counter intuitive I know,,but this thing stops the cab dust and cab heat problem.I mean
it's a nonissue now.
I kept my hard window for winter time duck season in the rain ,,but it will see no use till then.

Reactions: Jbird
Kingmudd

Kingmudd

Nov 22, 2015
I have one. To me the biggest advantage is lack of dust.It's counter intuitive I know,,but this thing stops the cab dust and cab heat problem.I mean
it's a nonissue now.
I kept my hard window for winter time duck season in the rain ,,but it will see no use till then.
That's just what I needed to hear, if it stops the dust I'm gonna buy one. Thanks Digger