Talon Brakes

W

wgs

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2019
Virginia
Ownership

1. Talon R
When braking aggressively especially on loose or muddy terrain the fronts lock up and slide 10’ or more before I feel the rears help with braking ? Dealer said brakes act normal No problem found. Is this normal Talon braking ?

Reactions: BWAF
HavasuDave

HavasuDave

Dec 7, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
They are anti-lock brakes, technically electronically balanced braking. That keeps you straight, they are working at max for the frictional coeficient. That is why the rear end doesn't start swinging around. It also stops you quicker that locked wheels.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They are anti-lock brakes, technically electronically balanced braking. That keeps you straight, they are working at max for the frictional coeficient. That is why the rear end doesn't start swinging around. It also stops you quicker that locked wheels.

No they aren’t ABS...Could be but arent

Reactions: lee
HavasuDave

HavasuDave

Dec 7, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
No they aren’t ABS...Could be but arent
Can you lock up your rear tires? One of the features that really impressed me when I test drove the Talon R, was under hard braking entering a turn. It stopped straight ahead. My RZR 1000 would have locked the rear tires. I would have had to start pumping the brakes and counter steering the yawning rear end. The i4WD traction control system is a form of anti-lock braking. The balanaced breaking system is remarkable because it allows the front tires to lock, but not the rear. Max braking since in soft soil conditions the front tires are furrowing and piling up loose material in front, but since he rear isn't locked, you don't lose your control, it stops straight ahead. It's frankly better than "ABS"

The i4WD traction control is probably the other least advertised but fantastic feature, which unless you have run another machine over the same slippery dirt road around a corner, you probably won't even notice how remarkably it works. It almost eliminates drift.

IMG 3533 IMG 6780

Last edited:
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can you lock up your rear tires? One of the features that really impressed me when I test drove the Talon R, was under hard braking entering a turn. It stopped straight ahead. My RZR 1000 would have locked the rear tires. I would have had to start pumping the brakes and counter steering the yawning rear end. The i4WD traction control system is a form of anti-lock braking. The balanaced breaking system is remarkable because it allows the front tires to lock, but not the rear. Max braking since in soft soil conditions the front tires are furrowing and piling up loose material in front, but since he rear isn't locked, you don't lose your control, it stops straight ahead. It's frankly better than "ABS"

The i4WD traction control is probably the other least advertised but fantastic feature, which unless you have run another machine over the same slippery dirt road around a corner, you probably won't even notice how remarkably it works. It almost eliminates drift.

View attachment 169479 View attachment 169480

I guess we could argue the symantics of EBD vs ABS in a thread all it’s own, but if it had it it’d be advertised. AND it could have it if it were programmed/activated the sensors and controls are there.

I agree it’s really good though.