P1000 Bought My First SXS and It's a Honda !

A

ArcticSledder

Jun 17, 2020
Loretto, Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hello everyone!

As the title states I just bought a new 2020 Honda 1P3 Base Model. Picked it up yesterday. I am coming from a 2001 Honda Rancher 350ES that has been bulletproof for working on the property. We now have more property to take care of so it was time to upgrade to a SXS with more capabilities. I don't plan on running on the trails (maybe in the future will give that a try) mostly work oriented but do like that this things is dual purpose and not just a utility vehicle.

Wanted to say to hi everyone and hope to learn lots from you guys in the world of UTVs. I am a die hard snowmobiler and can relate to the dirt track / rock climb sport being outdoors and seeing nature and all while shredding pow, dirt, mud or rocks :).

Took the 1P3 for the maiden ride on the back forty and I definitely can see why folks windshields and roofs on these things. Went through some tall grass and wooded section and all that nature came in through the missing windshield, haha. My wife was covered in pollen, grass seeds, leaves and branches haha, good times.

Hours of reading through threads are in my future so better get cracking.

Added Pics to verify it happened. Took pics in front of the dealer I bought it from "Vern Eide Motorplex, SD" . Was a 5 hour drive one way but saved $2K from buying it from local dealer. Could have saved $3k if I wanted to drive down to TN (Abernathy in Union City, TN). I am from Minneapolis, MN area so it would have been a hell of a drive to do it in one day.

20200619 184507 20200619 184500

Last edited:
Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello everyone!

As the title states I just bought a new 2020 Honda 1P3 Base Model. Picked it up yesterday. I am coming from a 2001 Honda Rancher 350ES that has been bulletproof for working on the property. We now have more property to take care of so it was time to upgrade to a SXS with more capabilities. I don't plan on running on the trails (maybe in the future will give that a try) mostly work oriented but do like that this things is dual purpose and not just a utility vehicle.

Wanted to say to hi everyone and hope to learn lots from you guys in the world of UTVs. I am a die hard snowmobiler and can relate to the dirt track / rock climb sport being outdoors and seeing nature and all while shredding pow, dirt, mud or rocks :).

Took the 1P3 for the maiden ride on the back forty and I definitely can see why folks windshields and roofs on these things. Went through some tall grass and wooded section and all that nature came in through the missing windshield, haha. My wife was covered in pollen, grass seeds, leaves and branches haha, good times.

Hours of reading through threads are in my future so better get cracking.

Welcome to the club from Tennessee;)

We need pics

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome ArcticSledder
I had the first 2001 Honda Rubicon 500 my dealer got. First with the new generation tranny with no belt.

Sold it to a friend, this year. Never had a single problem with the transmission or motor or electronics.

You've entered a new dimension, now.

Although not as fast as a snow machine, I'm sure you've seen SxS's with rubber tracks in snow. Thru can really go.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

B

bullyx

Mar 20, 2016
new york
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome ArcticSledder
I had the first 2001 Honda Rubicon 500 my dealer got. First with the new generation tranny with no belt.

Sold it to a friend, this year. Never had a single problem with the transmission or motor or electronics.

You've entered a new dimension, now.

Although not as fast as a snow machine, I'm sure you've seen SxS's with rubber tracks in snow. Thru can really go.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
I also had 2001 rubicon that did everything without any issues at all.. pounded that quad and begged for more!
Also welcome arcticsledder from cny

advertisement
BrophyCreek

BrophyCreek

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 8, 2016
New Richmond, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from WI! Lots of great trails over here. Enjoy the new ride! Watch the forum in Nov or so for dates of The Pioneer Takeover in TN. Usually takes place end of April or so. Great group of people from on the forum here get together for a group ride every year. I'll tell you right now, Its worth the drive!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
4b8f2bccd707552ee363d8720ba8a6a7

A

ArcticSledder

Jun 17, 2020
Loretto, Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thank you for all the warm welcome! I have been spending hours reading and watching youtube to educate myself better with the P1. So far it is time well spent ! My first mod was to put on some side and rear view mirrors. Next is vent kit, windshield, roof then winch and snow plow (I know way too early to be thinking about snow, haha). Still debating on getting a back windshield. A question for you guys I noticed the 2020 model has a factory skid plate covering the belly is this sufficient or do I need to go aftermarket for better protection? I know I still need a-arm protection front and rear. I don't intend to go rock crawling just trail riding and working on the property. Any recommendation appreciated on what is appropriate for my use.

advertisement