Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
So I sold my pontoon boat, and then went out to buy a new one, and wth......

There were no boats in the show room. So I summoned a salesperson and asked what’s up. He said that when the stay at home orders went into effect and people couldn’t go anywhere but the lake that boat sales soared all across the country and no one can get any now. He said it was like toilet paper at Walmart lol.

Never thought there would have been a comparison between tp and boats.

Looks like I’m going to have to wait for spring....😳

Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

There were no boats in the show room. So I summoned a salesperson and asked what’s up. He said that when the stay at home orders went into effect and people couldn’t go anywhere but the lake that boat sales soared all across the country and no one can get any now. He said it was like toilet paper at Walmart lol.

Good luck😉

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV

Any thing with a motor is becoming really scarce these days...,it really doesn’t matter what it is.

The plants are shut down / limited capacity....even used cars are bonkers now.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5

It’s insane right now, my buddy spent three weeks to find a 1000-5 a few months ago.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any thing with a motor is becoming really scarce these days...,it really doesn’t matter what it is.

The plants are shut down / limited capacity....even used cars are bonkers now.
Im saving up right now, might be able to snag a Talon or KRX when these people decide they don’t want them anymore.

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I'd suggest a Hurricane deck boat. We bought one new in 1994 and has been the best boat I've ever owned. Roomy, stable, and faster than an equivalent pontoon boat. I have friends that own a Yamaha outboard dealership here (Big Bend Marine). They tell me demand for boats is strong right now, but they can't get boats right now. Blackjack boats is one of the brands they sell, and recently flew out to the factory in Arkansas. The owner says he can't re-assemble his workforce to begin making boats again because his production employees are making more on Covid "welfare" than he was paying them (15.00 / hr.). LET'S GET BACK TO WORK!!!!!

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'd suggest a Hurricane deck boat. We bought one new in 1994 and has been the best boat I've ever owned. Roomy, stable, and faster than an equivalent pontoon boat. I have friends that own a Yamaha outboard dealership here (Big Bend Marine). They tell me demand for boats is strong right now, but they can't get boats right now. Blackjack boats is one of the brands they sell, and recently flew out to the factory in Arkansas. The owner says he can't re-assemble his workforce to begin making boats again because his production employees are making more on Covid "welfare" than he was paying them (15.00 / hr.). LET'S GET BACK TO WORK!!!!!
So we did the Hurricane deck boat in between our first pontoon boat and the one we just sold. My wife hated it and I had to sell it at a loss within 6 months....😡

I could get a boat ordered now and have it the first of October, but they draw our lake down the first of November and then my new boat would go into storage for about 5 months.....🙄

I believe I’ll order one in January for delivery about the time the lake comes back up mid March.....👍

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
So we did the Hurricane deck boat in between our first pontoon boat and the one we just sold. My wife hated it and I had to sell it at a loss within 6 months....😡

I could get a boat ordered now and have it the first of October, but they draw our lake down the first of November and then my new boat would go into storage for about 5 months.....🙄

I believe I’ll order one in January for delivery about the time the lake comes back up mid March.....👍

Which model did you have? What motor?

Reactions: rtn001
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Which model did you have? What motor?
I forget the model, that’s been 7-8 years. Seems like it was a 21-23’ fun deck or something. Had the inboard, but I can’t remember if it was a V6 or V8..

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Mine is the 22'6" Fundeck with a 200 2 stroke Yamaha outboard. When new, it would run almost 50 mph. We love it. Only thing we've ever had to do to it was put a couple of water pump impellers in it. Been used exclusively in salt water, still runs great. Looking for a newer model now.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Mine is the 22'6" Fundeck with a 200 2 stroke Yamaha outboard. When new, it would run almost 50 mph. We love it. Only thing we've ever had to do to it was put a couple of water pump impellers in it. Been used exclusively in salt water, still runs great. Looking for a newer model now.
I didn’t mind it, wasn’t as plush as our Bennington. But mama didn’t like it and you know what that means. It was the ride in rough waters.

Going for a Barletta this time around with at least a 200 hp. The Bennington was a 115 hp......

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I didn’t mind it, wasn’t as plush as our Bennington. But mama didn’t like it and you know what that means. It was the ride in rough waters.

Going for a Barletta this time around with at least a 200 hp. The Bennington was a 115 hp......

I think you should get one of these.

Glank

Glank

Jul 20, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It took a month to find a P1K5 in our area of Michigan. We started seriously looking in Feb and we decided to wait to see if the deals on the '20 dropped when the '21's started coming out. Big mistake. Along comes Covid and we stop looking until May. Can't find any. I was ready to drive to Wisconsin to buy a nice used 2018 when a Detroit deal call us saying he had a couple. Had to buy it at close to MSRP which sucks. But that wasn't as bad as trying to find a trailer. They don't exist unless you are at the dealer when their shipments arrive. I traveled across the state to buy a 12' AMO. The dealer said he had 40 delivered on Monday and had two left by Friday. Crazy. Loving the P1K5. It's our first SxS.

L

LeeB

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
NM
Ownership

1. 500
The boat story is same as in AR from dealer where I bought a pontoon last year.....big showroom had one bass fishing boat this year instead of the normal 6, 5 wake boats and 5 or so pontoons, along with all their Can-am rides......crazy....and their incoming for next several months are all sold!! Go figure, huh??

advertisement