JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Hey Guys,

Been a little cooler here than normal so got me thinking about block heaters, antifreeze heater etc. Anyone set one up? I looked at one type that is magnetic, but being aluminum block..... saw nuther one for a tractor, was an inline antifreeze heater... too big. Any suggestions appreciated.

jrc

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I'd use something like this if I was going that route...you know it definitely will not hurt;)
IMG 5776

Reactions: Remington
FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
Heated garage. :D

Compact tractors still have much bigger hoses than the P500. Finding something to fit will be a challenge. Maybe finding something to neck out to the larger diameter then back down? I think they need to go on lower hose and close enough for convection.

For quicker warm-ups, maybe the old partial block the radiator trick. I can't say I've done that since the 70's though. ;)

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Agreed! Nothing quite like a heated garage to keep your baby warm;) My old crew used to have trouble with the cold...Used an old tarp to drape over engine compartment and used multiple electrical utility style heaters. Had I kept it, I would have addressed the issue. Its -20 below today in North Central North Dakota I think it will be a good day to test the Beast! lol