P1000 Bilage fan wires?

H

Heightful

Nov 2, 2016
South eastern Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
OK so I ordered 2 4" bilage blowers and made the bracket and now trying to figure out best way to run the wires from blowers to under hood, I tried fishing a wire under the floorboard with no luck and not sure I'd like it that way, was wondering where everyone else was running their wires, I had thought about up by roll cage any thoughts?

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use a piece of bailing wire attached to the end of my wires to fish them through the tight places. I ran my hot wire for my fan right next to the intake tube then up to the switch. Then ground wire to the frame

Last edited:
A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
I went through the tunnel, passenger side. Remove the access cover on the fire wall and go back through there. Radiator hoses are on that side and a cross member on top of the skids. Might take a few tries to shove the fish tape through. After you pull your wires, double check that you didn't pull it around the drive line.

H

Heightful

Nov 2, 2016
South eastern Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How often do you run your bilage blowers? Do you just turn it on to cool it down then shut it off or do you run 100% of time in seat

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
How often do you run your bilage blowers? Do you just turn it on to cool it down then shut it off or do you run 100% of time in seat

In the hot weather, I run them just about all the time unless I'm crossing deep water. This time of year, I just turn it on every now and then.

They do seem to pull quite a bit of power. Maybe 3 amps or so. When I'm running at night with all lights on, I've got to turn the fan off or a light or two to keep the batteries charged. I've just got one 4" fan so two can make that problem worse.

I wouldn't be too worried about to though, the other evening I was running a 40" light bar, four 4" pods, bilge fan, stereo, and stock lights and the battery gauge started slowly falling.

advertisement