Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I'm looking to get a newish tracked skidsteer in the 90-100 hp range. Any recommendations on brands? I found what looks to be a good deal on a Kubota SVL95-2S with a CAT mulcher attachment.

Outacntrl

Outacntrl

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2019
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used to work at a Bobcat dealer and think they are a great machine. I like the engine and hydrostatic pump layout the best on the Bobcats. I think they have the best visibility also. What are you wanting to do with it?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I used to work at a Bobcat dealer and think they are a great machine. I like the engine and hydrostatic pump layout the best on the Bobcats. I think they have the best visibility also. What are you wanting to do with it?

Mostly dirt work and land clearing, personal use only. Wanting a mulching head also. So high flow is a must. I have a Bobcat T300 that dropped a valve at 1600 hrs.. Going to finish fixing it sometime and sale. The Bobcat 770, Kubota SVL95-2 and CAT 299 looks to be at the top of my list right now.

Outacntrl

Outacntrl

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2019
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mostly dirt work and land clearing, personal use only. Wanting a mulching head also. So high flow is a must. I have a Bobcat T300 that dropped a valve at 1600 hrs.. Going to finish fixing it sometime and sale. The Bobcat 770, Kubota SVL95-2 and CAT 299 looks to be at the top of my list right now.

That's surprising that old Kubota is a pretty solid engine. I've seen them go 5000+. Intake or exhaust?

I think the T770 is a great size machine. I've ran a T870 with a forestry cutter on it and that thing is a beast but a little too big in my opinion and felt a little clumsy. A local electric company uses it to clear right of ways.

The large frame machines will all have emissions equipment on them. If it has a Kubota engine it will have a DPF. If it has a Doosan engine it will have SCR and DEF. I would personally opt for the Doosan. The iT4 Kubotas don't seem to run the same when they get a couple thousand hours on them but we didn't have a lot of trouble with them.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We have a 299 at work love it we only have 300 hours on it

Reactions: snuffnwhisky
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
That's surprising that old Kubota is a pretty solid engine. I've seen them go 5000+. Intake or exhaust?

I think the T770 is a great size machine. I've ran a T870 with a forestry cutter on it and that thing is a beast but a little too big in my opinion and felt a little clumsy. A local electric company uses it to clear right of ways.

The large frame machines will all have emissions equipment on them. If it has a Kubota engine it will have a DPF. If it has a Doosan engine it will have SCR and DEF. I would personally opt for the Doosan. The iT4 Kubotas don't seem to run the same when they get a couple thousand hours on them but we didn't have a lot of trouble with them.

Emissions suck... 75 hp without all that junk would be fine for everything except for the mulcher. Those things need some power.

advertisement
Outacntrl

Outacntrl

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2019
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
More likely to buy the big one with emissions and try to delete it!
I messed around with deleting an iT4 Kubota and was somewhat successful. I could get it to run great for 200 hrs and then the ECM would force a regeneration, and it didn't like it. I never found a way around that and couldn't get any support for getting into the ECM. So I abandoned it. We didn't have a lot of trouble with them, I was just trying to see if I could get it to work.