E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So after investing a goodly sum of money in a P1000, I was wondering if there was a "suggested" best way to break this new machine in. I'm not heading to some of the mud bogs I have but at the same time I can't see me babying this machine for the first 100 hours. So if anyone is aware of the "approved" method or if those of you with personal experiences (probably of what not to do) I'm willing to learn and try.

Thanks for your input.

KevinSC

KevinSC

Dec 31, 2015
So after investing a goodly sum of money in a P1000, I was wondering if there was a "suggested" best way to break this new machine in. I'm not heading to some of the mud bogs I have but at the same time I can't see me babying this machine for the first 100 hours. So if anyone is aware of the "approved" method or if those of you with personal experiences (probably of what not to do) I'm willing to learn and try.

Thanks for your input.
Drive it like you normally would. I spun tires, did top speed, and used it like I normally would and I have over 1500 trouble free miles.

Reactions: Eltobgi and sharp
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand

Thanks for your input.
Just drive it for a few miles before pulling heavy loads or holding it at top speed for very long. I have almost 1800 miles with no problems so far. And do your regular maintenance.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
D

Thanks for your input.
Enjoy it and drive it like you normally would. The first service is also the most important one.

Reactions: KevinSC and Eltobgi
J

JTW

I don't know about best.. but I gave it about a half dozen or so heat cycles... (baby it.. let it warm up.. baby it and then sit until it fully cools) took a few days but after that I just rode normally.

Reactions: Curtis and KevinSC
C

Curtis

Apr 9, 2017
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500

2. Do not currently own
I don't know about best.. but I gave it about a half dozen or so heat cycles... (baby it.. let it warm up.. baby it and then sit until it fully cools) took a few days but after that I just rode normally.
I don't have a 1000 but I agree on this one gears are gears but the big concern is rings clutches ect. expand then fully cool down in cycles like mentioned above would be the best

Reactions: JTW
rlutech

rlutech

Jan 18, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I took it easy for about the first 50 miles. Then I slowly started opening it up to see what it could do. Now will be doing my 100 mile service soon.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My dealer told / suggested not putting it into sports mode until after first service - I never heard anyone else say this but I did err on the side of caution and followed his advice - probably does not matter.