P1000 Bed tie downs for P1K5

Jediwrathchild

Jediwrathchild

Apr 24, 2016
Kodiak, AK
Anybody added extra tie down to the bed of their 5 seater? I find that the tie downs in there always seem to be in the wrong spot for me to really strap down larger item (cooler, ammo cans, spare tire etc) I have this type of track attached to the top of my Decked truck bed storage system and love it. Very versatile! But want to see what other solution you guys have come up with before I start drilling! Hah

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I agree totally. Seem to always be in the wrong spot.

My solution was to add a webbing strap between some of the screws in the bed and back of the seat. That way they are there if I need them but not really in the way if I don't. Be best if I showed you. But that will be tomorrow evening.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

D

Darby

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2016
Salem, Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Anybody added extra tie down to the bed of their 5 seater? I find that the tie downs in there always seem to be in the wrong spot for me to really strap down larger item (cooler, ammo cans, spare tire etc) I have this type of track attached to the top of my Decked truck bed storage system and love it. Very versatile! But want to see what other solution you guys have come up with before I start drilling! Hah

View attachment 16253
Those look good... where do You find them? What are they called?

Jediwrathchild

Jediwrathchild

Apr 24, 2016
Kodiak, AK
Those look good... where do You find them? What are they called?

It is usually refers to as L track. It's commonly used for aircraft applications. Seat track, cargo tie down etc. I just ordered the Honda bed liner and thinking of integrating a tie down system into my bed.

J

JTW

Been thinking of this myself.. you come up with anything?

Anybody else?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It is usually refers to as L track. It's commonly used for aircraft applications. Seat track, cargo tie down etc. I just ordered the Honda bed liner and thinking of integrating a tie down system into my bed.
I have the bed liner, it has a built in slot for a 2 X what ever and is wide enough for a small chain saw, gas oil and tool box. I have a Yeti cooler that dosen't slide around behide it without tie downs and the leaves the two tie downs free. I think you will like your bed liner for working and hauling stuff.

J

JTW

Speaking of tie downs.. has anyone ordered more of the little factory single points d-rings or have a part number for them?

1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Speaking of tie downs.. has anyone ordered more of the little factory single points d-rings or have a part number for them?

I haven't yet, but will. On my three seater I'm going to put a couple on the front of the bed. They're around $9 each IIRC.

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

I haven't yet, but will. On my three seater I'm going to put a couple on the front of the bed. They're around $9 each IIRC.
I'm going to put them on my tailgate bracket to hold my fuel cell. Where are you thinking on the front of the bed?

advertisement
1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm going to put them on my tailgate bracket to hold my fuel cell. Where are you thinking on the front of the bed?

There are some screws near the top, I plan putting one on each side.

Reactions: JTW
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Jediwrathchild

Jediwrathchild

Apr 24, 2016
Kodiak, AK
Off topic but let's see your hot rod @1BadDart have fond memories of my buddies Plum Crazy '70 340 Dart. Drove it from Portland to Reno for hot August nights after our senior year. Super fun car and an awesome road trip.

Reactions: Hawk53 and JTW
Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
They were a great little car. Fun to drive. Lots of power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk