P1000 battery isolator

S

Someguy

Jun 15, 2016
Krakow Wi.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What are you guys using for a isloator? My winch will draw 170amps, the Tru atv is rated for 140. I plan to use it mostly for the winch, I plan to also run a seperate fuse block for some accesories, but shouldn't need more than 100A for that. I have been reading threads on dual batteries, but none specific to what I need, thanks for your help.

Reactions: Smitty335
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. 1000 6 Crew

3. Talon X

4. Talon R4 LV
The isolater goes between the orignal battery and your 2nd battery. You run your accessories off the 2nd battery and the isolator opens the connection between the batteries when the voltage drops below a certin voltage. This keeps the main (starting) battery charge enough to start the machine. When the main battery gets charged up enough the isolator closes and allows the machine to charge the second battery.

Hope that helps
Then when you start the machine

J

JTW

The isolater goes between the orignal battery and your 2nd battery. You run your accessories off the 2nd battery and the isolator opens the connection between the batteries when the voltage drops below a certin voltage. This keeps the main (starting) battery charge enough to start the machine. When the main battery gets charged up enough the isolator closes and allows the machine to charge the second battery.

Hope that helps
Then when you start the machine
What he said... however, there are many solenoids branded as isolators.. it all depended on your setup and what you're trying to accomplish. But your winch should run direct from your battery to the winch. There should have been a supplied solenoid that came with it for remote functions.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
What are you guys using for a isloator? My winch will draw 170amps, the Tru atv is rated for 140. I plan to use it mostly for the winch, I plan to also run a seperate fuse block for some accesories, but shouldn't need more than 100A for that. I have been reading threads on dual batteries, but none specific to what I need, thanks for your help.
Look at mysvt99 post it's sweet

Reactions: Tramguage1
S

Someguy

Jun 15, 2016
Krakow Wi.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What he said... however, there are many solenoids branded as isolators.. it all depended on your setup and what you're trying to accomplish. But your winch should run direct from your battery to the winch. There should have been a supplied solenoid that came with it for remote functions.
I guess my understanding of how it's wired was wrong, I thought it goes from the battery through the isolater, to the winch, that is why I was worried about amp draw. But what you guys are saying it only is used to charge the 2nd battery, just hook winch to 2nd battery, correct?

Reactions: JTW
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. 1000 6 Crew

3. Talon X

4. Talon R4 LV
Yes, use the secondary battery for the power source for the winch and axillary fuse box. I would suggest a circuit breaker between the second battery and the fuse block.
The isolator is in the Hot (Red)line between the batteries.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

S

Someguy

Jun 15, 2016
Krakow Wi.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yes, use the secondary battery for the power source for the winch and axillary fuse box. I would suggest a circuit breaker between the second battery and the fuse block.

I just found a wireing diagram for the Tru atv isolator, makes perfect sense to what you guys are saying, thanks for your help, I wanted to make sure it would work for me before I ordered one. THANKS GUYS

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. 1000 6 Crew

3. Talon X

4. Talon R4 LV
We are all here to help. Thats what this forum is about.

J

JTW

I just found a wireing diagram for the Tru atv isolator, makes perfect sense to what you guys are saying, thanks for your help, I wanted to make sure it would work for me before I ordered one. THANKS GUYS
No problem.. what winch do you have?

S

Someguy

Jun 15, 2016
Krakow Wi.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
No problem.. what winch do you have?
SuperATV 3500, mainly use it for snowplow, to expensive of a machine to play in the mud to hard. I found out if I was raising the plow before I started moving the clutch would not engage, if I was moving before I raised plow it worked ok, I want to fix the that problem with a second battery as members have suggested before I burn up the clutches. Doing up grades a little at a time as budget allows, ha, ha

advertisement
S

Someguy

Jun 15, 2016
Krakow Wi.
Ownership

1. 1000-3

What I was planing to do was put a ignition switch activated relay between the battery and the fuse block to accesories to kill the power to everything when the key is off, think that will work

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. 1000 6 Crew

3. Talon X

4. Talon R4 LV
You could do that. You will need a high current relay. Make sure the coil is constant duty.

Reactions: ripHST and JTW