P1000 Battery isolator

J

Jeffro

Jun 20, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finally got the True battery isolator and second battery hooked up. The blue light stays on when engine is turned off. Is it supposed to?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finally got the True battery isolator and second battery hooked up. The blue light stays on when engine is turned off. Is it supposed to?
Yes, there is a delay. When the engine gets turned off the blue light will stay on several more seconds before it turns off.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No I mean it never goes off.
Double check the wiring diagram make sure the isolator is not backwards there should be a arrow on it if I remember right it's been a while since I did mine.

Reactions: Remington
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The blue light will turn off when it disconnects the batteries. That won't happen until the primary battery falls to 12.6 I believe.

Signature:

QUOTE by Sharp, Where's Don? He's probably spray painting stuff lmfao!

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The blue light will turn off when it disconnects the batteries. That won't happen until the primary battery falls to 12.6 I believe.

Signature:

QUOTE by Sharp, Where's Don? He's probably spray painting stuff lmfao!

That's absolutely correct! Depending where your charge was when you turned it off, it's like watching paint dry to when the light will turn off. Like @sharp said, take your time and double check your wiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tigermark and sharp
Bubba

Bubba

Lifetime Member
May 5, 2016
Belle Chasse La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It will go out when the volts drop enough. New battery takes a long time to drop. I thought something was wrong with mine when I first got it put in, called and the guy told me with new batteries it can take a while, as battery gets older it will go off sooner. If it bothers you just turn lights on with key on and engine stopped and it will go out pretty fast. When my battery was new it would stay on 8 hours or so, doesn't take that long now.

Reactions: sharp
J

Jeffro

Jun 20, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the responses. It did eventually go off at some point but took a long time. Sounds like that's normal though. The only part of the wiring I wasn't sure about was the ground. I grounded the isolator and second battery to the negative terminal on the primary battery. Anything wrong with that?

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the responses. It did eventually go off at some point but took a long time. Sounds like that's normal though. The only part of the wiring I wasn't sure about was the ground. I grounded the isolator and second battery to the negative terminal on the primary battery. Anything wrong with that?
No