P1000 Battery isolator light??

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have the isolator and haven't noticed any issues until this week. As I understand the blue light should be on when engine running and it's open to charge. I noticed mine is on with the key off. My second battery is not on the ignition but does have a switch panel and everything was off. This week my amp kicked out like a weak battery. My daughter took it for a few hrs and she likes her music so I Thought something was wrong with amp but as I was cleaning and opened the hood I noticed the blue light on. Is this normal and do I possibly have my second battery going bad, bad cell??

Reactions: BWAF
O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Ok. Thanks for the info. I will check the battery. We have had more problems with batteries in the last year. But when you have 6 vehicles on the road it seems something is always wrong. Lol.

Leatherneck

Leatherneck

Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine stays lit for a while and the gauge on the main shows 2.4 volts while the secondary shows 13+ . If I turn on the stereo it starts running down, once it reaches 1.5 it will shut down like it is supposed to. Could the capacitor for the bass be holding enough voltage to cause this?

Reactions: BWAF and O2bsmitty
O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Mine stays lit for a while and the gauge on the main shows 2.4 volts while the secondary shows 13+ . If I turn on the stereo it starts running down, once it reaches 1.5 it will shut down like it is supposed to. Could the capacitor for the bass be holding enough voltage to cause this?[/QUOTE
All power to second battery was shutdown. Well the accessories power was shutdown. I actually do not have the main off but only thing powered would be fuse panel.

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I do need to get a battery meter/gauge so I can watch it.

OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I do need to get a battery meter/gauge so I can watch it.

Only if you are curious what it is at when you are winching. The True isolator opens up or the blue light comes on when your main battery is at 12.8 volts and that's when it starts charging the second battery. It closes or the blue lights turns off when your main battery goes down to 12.7 volts.