Battery for accessories

Hilgart2017

Hilgart2017

Jan 3, 2021
Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Tryin to find a decent battery that will hold a charge for a couple days while pushing a amp and 2 speakers possibly rock lights as well but i don’t want it to break my wallet. I don’t have a battery isolator yet to keep a spare battery charged but if it will atleast make a day that will be fine too, i can charge overnight if need be. Any recommendations are welcome thanks guys.

Reactions: TxDoc
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I'm no electrical guru but you can always wire them together, put a fuse fuse/breaker to the fuse box.

Reactions: Hilgart2017
sspeederr

sspeederr

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
If you just wire the 2 batteries together it's just like putting a higher capacity single battery in the generator/stator will keep them both charged no problems the isolator is to keep the charging system from working harder with both batteries hooked up together I have had mine like that with out an isolator for almost a year now I do run a circuit breaker on the tie in for second battery of 50amp so if there is a battery issue it will trip the breaker and not kill the unit I am running 90% of my accessories off the second battery so if u have an accessory failer I can either pull its individual fuse or kill them all together via breaker. I have not had any issues running this setup I do check battery state of health occasionally and keep a battery tender on machine when it sets for more then a month just for good maintenance. I am running a agm battery from a local sound shop basically designed for this purpose of handling the load yet keeping a charger for extended periods of time. It is a Energie er1600 running about 100 dollars
20201025 151819

Hilgart2017

Hilgart2017

Jan 3, 2021
Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
If you just wire the 2 batteries together it's just like putting a higher capacity single battery in the generator/stator will keep them both charged no problems the isolator is to keep the charging system from working harder with both batteries hooked up together I have had mine like that with out an isolator for almost a year now I do run a circuit breaker on the tie in for second battery of 50amp so if there is a battery issue it will trip the breaker and not kill the unit I am running 90% of my accessories off the second battery so if u have an accessory failer I can either pull its individual fuse or kill them all together via breaker. I have not had any issues running this setup I do check battery state of health occasionally and keep a battery tender on machine when it sets for more then a month just for good maintenance. I am running a agm battery from a local sound shop basically designed for this purpose of handling the load yet keeping a charger for extended periods of time. It is a Energie er1600 running about 100 dollars View attachment 280217
Thanks for the input man i appreciate it. I will probably do that then and see how it works out and i will probably look into that battery as well since most deep cycle or gels are 200 plus and if i wire them together i may go with a regular car battery for now and see how that holds up and upgrade a little later one.