Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I don’t know about those.

I do know that every time I’ve “saved” money on batteries it wasn’t worth it. They off-gas and corrode the terminals and or live a much shorter life. Just the buying cheap tires, similar out come.

I bought an odyssey and then later bought an Oreilly AGM.

Reactions: JTW
kjw83

kjw83

Dec 2, 2017
Madisonville KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don’t know about those.

I do know that every time I’ve “saved” money on batteries it wasn’t worth it. They off-gas and corrode the terminals and or live a much shorter life. Just the buying cheap tires, similar out come.

I bought an odyssey and then later bought an Oreilly AGM.

What’s the part # on the Oreilly battery? Has it been worth the money? Does it fit under the hood on the P1k5? I live 5 minutes from one so if they have a good battery I’d rather just buy it local than to have to ship.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
What’s the part # on the Oreilly battery? Has it been worth the money? Does it fit under the hood on the P1k5? I live 5 minutes from one so if they have a good battery I’d rather just buy it local than to have to ship.

I purchased their battery as a stock replacement. I went in the store and told them what vehicle I have and they had an exact replacement. My Odyssey battery in the auxiliary battery slot is still good.

So for the auxiliary battery position, I would take a measurement and go in there and measure the batteries they have on the shelf. Sorry I could not help more than that.

Sckottty

Sckottty

Dec 2, 2017
Abilene TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking to add a secondary battery to power my winch and other accessories. Came across this battery and wondered if anyone has experience with them or if they’re worth the money? Definitely a good price on them if they are.....Universal 45976 12v 35AH Sealed Lead Acid AGM Battery Apex Battery
Interstate makes Model: SLA1156 (sealed lead acid). Other companies make the same size as they are used in Medical equipment (electric wheel chairs). Less than $100 due to their popularity. They will fit nicely in P1K AUX battery holder, little taller than Odyssey batteries at fraction of price. I actually found this when looking for substitute for Odyssey PC925, local shop used this type for many projects including UTV upgrades.

Last edited:
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Interstate makes Model: SLA1156 (sealed lead acid). Other companies make the same size as they are used in Medical equipment. Less than $100 due to their popularity. They will fit nicely in P1K AUX battery holder, little taller than Odyssey batteries at fraction of price.

One warning about those is that they are NOT designed to handle the vibration and impact that a Pioneer will subject them to. They are designed to sit still in a metal enclosure for backup power for Fire alarms, Security Systems, or used in UPS backups. If you are local I have one I will give you that is just sitting in my garage, using it on the pioneer its gonna fail sooner or later but its just going to go bad sitting out there.

Sckottty

Sckottty

Dec 2, 2017
Abilene TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One warning about those is that they are NOT designed to handle the vibration and impact that a Pioneer will subject them to. They are designed to sit still in a metal enclosure for backup power for Fire alarms, Security Systems, or used in UPS backups. If you are local I have one I will give you that is just sitting in my garage, using it on the pioneer its gonna fail sooner or later but its just going to go bad sitting out there.
Yes you are correct, SLA are known for UPS, Fire and Security Systems, Interstate makes their Deep Cycle SLA made for Industrial environment (Much thicker wall and resin lugs. I though the same thing until I started using these form Interstate, They are filled with Gel, no liquids.

Last edited: