Bad squeaking on the front of X4 Live Valve

HivoltageHonda

HivoltageHonda

Aug 6, 2015
Hernando, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have bad squeaking that is driving me crazy in the front suspension. It’s very loud. What are some things I can do?

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I have bad squeaking that is driving me crazy in the front suspension. It’s very loud. What are some things I can do?
If it happens from bouncing, you can squirt a dry lube on the springs, they might be rubbing on the shock body. WD-40 will collect dust so I wouldn't use it. If the squeak stops you'll know what it is. If you think it's a rotational squeak, like an axle in its seal, try the dry lube there.

Reactions: Mudwing
CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not sure if I have the same squeak or not but I have a bad one for sure! Had it since about mile number 2 LOL. It is something in the suspension, like an a-arm bushing. Most noticeable when the engine is off and it is nice and quiet, then you step out and the suspension moves a little. I wish the bushings had grease zerks or something, I don't know how to lubricate them? It was doing it way before I put the 32s on.

J

JTW

Not sure if I have the same squeak or not but I have a bad one for sure! Had it since about mile number 2 LOL. It is something in the suspension, like an a-arm bushing. Most noticeable when the engine is off and it is nice and quiet, then you step out and the suspension moves a little. I wish the bushings had grease zerks or something, I don't know how to lubricate them? It was doing it way before I put the 32s on.
Try clocking your springs..

J

JTW

Yes.. rotate them. They say 180* but sometimes that’s not where they seat best. Just rotate them until they gave the least amount of bow possible.

advertisement