P1000 Auto backup lights!

Cookjames27

Cookjames27

May 13, 2020
Hammond, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone used the dual auto backup lights from the club store in conjunction with the work light trigger kit they have? Is it pretty simple to install. I see both the lights and the trigger come with wiring harnesses. I do need both correct? I want to be able to control when they are on. Thanks.

Reactions: TxDoc and Isaiah
mj1angier

mj1angier

Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2020
NC
I am not sure about the lights- the harness that come with them might just plug into the work light harness. I got my lights from some where else and ordered the pig tail plug to wire them in with.

Note for the boss: might want to add that as an option on the work light page, would save some dummy like me a extra order, lol

Cookjames27

Cookjames27

May 13, 2020
Hammond, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks! I like the lights that the club store has. Suppose to be plug and play. Im just curious how those and that worklight trigger work together.

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Has anyone used the dual auto backup lights from the club store in conjunction with the work light trigger kit they have? Is it pretty simple to install. I see both the lights and the trigger come with wiring harnesses. I do need both correct? I want to be able to control when they are on. Thanks.
Yes, you need both. When you order the backup light kit you add the three way switch options to it. When you do the work light option you have to provide a key on power for that. Super simple. Plus, a lot of us have them so if you run into problems just ask for help. @Russ989 has done some install vids for them.

Cookjames27

Cookjames27

May 13, 2020
Hammond, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, you need both. When you order the backup light kit you add the three way switch options to it. When you do the work light option you have to provide a key on power for that. Super simple. Plus, a lot of us have them so if you run into problems just ask for help. @Russ989 has done some install vids for them.
Thanks! Thats just what I needed to know. I ordered the worklight trigger and harness last week. Just waiting on the dual lights to come back in stock. I appreciate the help.

S

Surveyor

Lifetime Member
May 13, 2019
Auburn, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just installed exactly what you're talking about. Absolutely love the dual lights and the 3-way switch setup! I was able to get key on power from an unused plug from my Honda OEM switch plate and harness.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Cookjames27

Cookjames27

May 13, 2020
Hammond, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just installed exactly what you're talking about. Absolutely love the dual lights and the 3-way switch setup! I was able to get key on power from an unused plug from my Honda OEM switch plate and harness.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I think it will come in handy! Im not sure where to get the key on power from. I still have some figuring out to do.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think it will come in handy! Im not sure where to get the key on power from. I still have some figuring out to do.
Here is a video for the three way switch, you can buy a key on harness that plugs into your 12v plug and will power switches for your accessories.

Reactions: Mudwing
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hey,
AUTO BACK UP LIGHT.
The backup lights are 100% plug-n-play. It will take you longer to zip tie the wires that to install. That's assuming you can get the dummy plug out. This seems to be troublesome for some. I asked Russ to cover how this comes apart and he does great showing you.

WORK LIGHT TRIGGER.
This is a great add-on if you want rear work lights or need to seek out of camp at 4 am. It has 3 functions. ON, OFF, and AUTO BACKUP.
The Work light trigger plugs in between the backup light and the factory harness at the same location. It will need to run upfront. Best to start under the hood and work back. Follow the main wire harness. To get under the floorboard find a stick, or yardstick or something like that. Tape the end to it and slide it under where the factory harness goes at the passenger front wheel well. Then find it under the seat, around/below the gas tank somewhere. No need to remove the skid plates and whatnot. Continue following the main wire harness to the backup alarm socket.
You will then need to provide a key-on or switched power and ground for it upfront. Constant power will also work but just remember to turn it off, even when set to auto backup.

Any other questions just let me know.
Thanks.

advertisement
Soaz1000

Soaz1000

Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2018
Soaz
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you all for your great insights. I just ordered the Work Light Trigger last night. I already have the reverse light hooked up and wasn't sure if the plug on the existing harness will plug in the trigger harness. I hope the plug comes out easier than the dummy plug. That was a bit of a challenge to say the least.
My other area of concern was how to route the wires. I really didn't want to have to drop my factory utv 1/2" skid plate. Not being able to hoist up the front of the machine that middle section was a bear for one person laying on their back to install. This is a great forum with tons of knowledgeable folks that don't mind helping others out. Now if the temps ever drop below 90⁰ in Southern AZ I'll get working on my to do list.

Reactions: ChadD and Smitty335