P1000 Auto backup light kit

Jgroesbeck

Jgroesbeck

Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2020
U.S.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Will the dual auto backup kit sold at the forum store work with an OEM mid panel? I have the OEM roof, I know it will work with that. I know some backup lights don't work with the OEM mid panel.

Which OTRATTW switch comes with the worklight trigger kit? I assume it's compatible with the guy who sells panels from "Pioneer switch panels and accessories".

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
@Ohio4x4 do you have the reverse lights?

I

ImHowl

May 12, 2019
Connecticut
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the dual auto reverse lights from the forum store. Yes they work with the OEM Honda hard roof. I emailed the guy asking if the override switch would work with the OEM panel and he said yes as well. Il copy the email.
My email to him:I just installed the reverse lights on my pioneer and now I see this switched accessory. I have the Honda OEM Siwtch plate/volt meter/wire harness. Would the two position (auto/on) switch you provide fit in one of the OEM switch holes?
REPLY:
Yes. It will fit.
This worklight trigger is an addon to the auto backup light system.
Once the wires are ran, you will need to provide a ground for 1 wire to conplete the install. A simple frame ground would be fine.
4B38F1C6 F831 4546 8169 20947F74E4AF 1 105 c

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hello,

Soft Panels. Mid and Rear...
Currently, it is untested with the soft mid or rear panels.
I need to check sometime I guess. If anyone has a used mid panel they will sell for cheap I'll take it. irrelevant to the condition.

Hard panel...
It will NOT work with the hard panels. I have no plans to come up with a solution or this any time soon. It will require eliminating the mounts and using a custom bracket utilizing the mounts already on the hard panel.

Work Light kit.
The 3 way uses the premium ON/OFF/ON DPDT rocker from OTRATTW. It is a Carling made switch and fits Pioneer Switch Panel plates like a glove.
The 2 way uses a standard (Carling lookalike) switch you commonly find on eBay, amazon, PBR and elsewhere. It will be a tight fit for Pioneer Switch Panels and may require some filing. It will fit Hondas OEM panel fine.

If ordered before Tuesday. Both will ship this week.
We have parts, just a little behind and the backorder status helps extend delivery expectations.
Thanks.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Left out...
We are fixing to shut down for vacation Tuesday Noon through July 6th.

Jgroesbeck

Jgroesbeck

Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2020
U.S.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hello,

Soft Panels. Mid and Rear...
Currently, it is untested with the soft mid or rear panels.
I need to check sometime I guess. If anyone has a used mid panel they will sell for cheap I'll take it. irrelevant to the condition.

Hard panel...
It will NOT work with the hard panels. I have no plans to come up with a solution or this any time soon. It will require eliminating the mounts and using a custom bracket utilizing the mounts already on the hard panel.

Work Light kit.
The 3 way uses the premium ON/OFF/ON DPDT rocker from OTRATTW. It is a Carling made switch and fits Pioneer Switch Panel plates like a glove.
The 2 way uses a standard (Carling lookalike) switch you commonly find on eBay, amazon, PBR and elsewhere. It will be a tight fit for Pioneer Switch Panels and may require some filing. It will fit Hondas OEM panel fine.

If ordered before Tuesday. Both will ship this week.
We have parts, just a little behind and the backorder status helps extend delivery expectations.
Thanks.

The soft panel on the 1000-3 is a pretty tight fit on the top bar. I'd like to order, however, will wait to see if anyone else can confirm that it will work. Thanks.

Reactions: Adam490
Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Will the dual auto backup kit sold at the forum store work with an OEM mid panel? I have the OEM roof, I know it will work with that. I know some backup lights don't work with the OEM mid panel.

Which OTRATTW switch comes with the worklight trigger kit? I assume it's compatible with the guy who sells panels from "Pioneer switch panels and accessories".

@Ohio4x4 do you have the reverse lights?
I put mine in a void in the tailgate. I have a 3 seat and I'm not sure of the same space in the 5 seat.

20190220 192958 Resized 20190220 192935 Resized 20190220 192950