ATV Wheel Chock and Tie-Down Strap Kit

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
IMG 0177
I put these in my trailer last year. I love how it anchors all 4 wheels to the deck.
Usually solid but I went down a very bumpy road and checked everything before I hit the highway. 2 straps had slipped off the wheel but were still very tight- couldn't tforce them back over the tires. Pioneer didn't move thanks to the other 2 straps.

I'm looking to add material to the existing straps so they are more like a net. No more slipping off.

@drfubar - I think I saw somewhere you got the same ones.you like them?

Amazon.com: ERICKSON ATV Wheel Chock and Tie-Down Strap Kit: Automotive

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
View attachment 46633
I put these in my trailer last year. I love how it anchors all 4 wheels to the deck.
Usually solid but I went down a very bumpy road and checked everything before I hit the highway. 2 straps had slipped off the wheel but were still very tight- couldn't tforce them back over the tires. Pioneer didn't move thanks to the other 2 straps.

I'm looking to add material to the existing straps so they are more like a net. No more slipping off.

@drfubar - I think I saw somewhere you got the same ones.you like them?

Amazon.com: ERICKSON ATV Wheel Chock and Tie-Down Strap Kit: Automotive
Yep, they are handy

Reactions: trigger and ghost
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yup, have the same thing like @trigger. I've used that setup for years just for the front wheels, nothing else ever moves. B60f90e4811be2dcbb2a392776e1c1ee

The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed

Reactions: trigger
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Yup, have the same thing like @trigger. I've used that setup for years just for the front wheels, nothing else ever moves. View attachment 46699

You just reminded me they come in a set of 2. I got them for half price so doubled up. Mine are rated for 1500 pounds per set of 2 - I liked the extra safety margin.

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
advertisement
B

Byrdman

May 21, 2017
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks good - nice little trailer.
The pioneer suspension will travel more when the trailer goes over bumps compared to being frame strapped. It goes with the flow.
I had a metal garbage can under the rear bumper of the p1k that got crushed on my last trip.

Need to swing by Cabellas and pick up some of these. It's like 1-2 wait on ones I found on amazon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Looks good - nice little trailer.
The pioneer suspension will travel more when the trailer goes over bumps compared to being frame strapped. It goes with the flow.
I had a metal garbage can under the rear bumper of the p1k that got crushed on my last trip.

Thanks. Tractor Supply special, 5.5' x 10', got it for a grand. Easy to move around and fits under my lean to.
Trailer

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Looks Sweet buddy! Now when we pull up they'll definitely say "oh boy! Here comes big brother and little bother!" Lol

Lol, thanks! Got them bolted up, loaded the machine, strapped it down, went to release them and had a hell of a time at first. Ended up having to push the little spring clip down with a screw driver. Maybe I had them too tight or something. They definitely hold the machine in place though.

Reactions: Remington
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got these online for like $32 shipped to store and then I went and picked them up. They were there in 3 days.
Cabela's has them priced for $39 for a set. I'm wondering if I shouldn't get two sets for redundancy for the front and back...?

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just ordered 2 sets of the Erickson's from e-trailer with shipping it came out to about the same price as the Cabelas. Maybe a little less.

J

JTW

Sooo... what happens when you have another machine with you or change the load on the trailer for a trip? I don't dislike the idea... but it seems like it really limits flexibility.

Reactions: 100Acre
advertisement