P1000 ATV park in Birmingham alabama

LaVell

LaVell

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Opp, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What is the name of the riding park up there where the first ride was held. Thanks

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
If you're referring the the group ride we had last fall. It was held at Top Trails in Talladega.

Reactions: lee
LaVell

LaVell

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Opp, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you're referring the the group ride we had last fall. It was held at Top Trails in Talladega.
Yep that's it. Thanks. Wife and I looking for a place close by to ride.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yep that's it. Thanks. Wife and I looking for a place close by to ride.

I see that AL red dirt in your pic, take anything you're going to want with you. It's 20 mins from anywhere to buy anything. You also need cash to get in.

Reactions: joeymt33
LaVell

LaVell

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Opp, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I see that AL red dirt in your pic, take anything you're going to want with you. It's 20 mins from anywhere to buy anything. You also need cash to get in.
Thanks Ohanacreek. Thinking of going there to ride. I believe i rode by that park while working in that area. Are you close to there?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah about 45min, no Pioneer right now though sold my 700.

Impatiently waiting on a Silver 1000-5

Here are a few videos from there

Group ride is a mix.

"Retrieval" is I think trail 49, it's "the creek trail" if you're trying to get directions and in October was far nastier than what is shown in that video.

A and B are trail 30 it's black so some really steep portions but there are/were detours.

C is in the bottom lands.

It's not a park like Windrock or Royal Blue but it is big (@2500 acres are ridable) and you can spend all day out there just riding the hill trails and the perimeter trail.

The bottom lands (the old military bunkers and surrounding land) are just deep mud so be warned.

It's run by the city/county and it's an old military base. They just bought land everyone was riding anyway and started to maintain it (slightly better than before).

I would not call it a premier park by any stretch of the word.

Stoney Lonesome is about the same size, also owned by the local municipality, does have slightly better amenities but more bunny trails and they allow highly modified Jeeps so DEEP ruts and holes.

Stay away from The Ridge in Springville it's tiny, expensive, tight and the MXrs think they own the joint and roost on you everytime they get a chance.

Chocoloco is a nightmare for a SXS but fun for Jeeps and they think they own that place.

Kentucky only allows 50" or below.

Minooka is TINY you can ride the whole place in about 1-2 hours. It's pretty much just a dirt road with a couple of mud holes and a bunny hill climb.

Last edited:
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Edited the post to include a few other local to Bham parks. Not very many good choices here locally.

Reactions: BULLDOG6
B

BULLDOG6

Jun 15, 2015
Ownership

1. Big Red
Edited the post to include a few other local to Bham parks. Not very many good choices here locally.
I often think if Alabama ran it more like TN it wouldn't be so hard to ride, plus the state could make money. Sort of get burned out riding the two same places , Stoney Lon, and Top Trails. If one can't walk, or mountain bike in out of luck here. I did hear Alabama was to open up Bucks Pocket as some kind of ATV trails system. There is a moderator on forum from near there. He might could have more info on that.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I often think if Alabama ran it more like TN it wouldn't be so hard to ride, plus the state could make money. Sort of get burned out riding the two same places , Stoney Lon, and Top Trails. If one can't walk, or mountain bike in out of luck here. I did hear Alabama was to open up Bucks Pocket as some kind of ATV trails system. There is a moderator on forum from near there. He might could have more info on that.

The issue is for some reason thy are STUCK on 50" and under as a state only the local municipality run parks are open to full size rides.

Totally agree, not very many good places to ride

That's me, Bucks Pocket is supposedly going to be 50" and under.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Bucks pocket is almost in my back yard. I've heard the news but haven't inspected when they will open it up or what the size restrictions will be.

I will inspect and see if I can find some info.

advertisement
B

BULLDOG6

Jun 15, 2015
Ownership

1. Big Red
Bucks pocket is almost in my back yard. I've heard the news but haven't inspected when they will open it up or what the size restrictions will be.

The issue is for some reason thy are STUCK on 50" and under as a state only the local municipality run parks are open to full size rides.

A little off topic, but have you ever encountered trouble on the perimeter trail, bottom where it runs beside a few mobile homes. Sometimes the trail gets spiked and have had gun fire. I'm sure you know where I'm speaking of.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
A little off topic, but have you ever encountered trouble on the perimeter trail, bottom where it runs beside a few mobile homes. Sometimes the trail gets spiked and have had gun fire. I'm sure you know where I'm speaking of.

I have not had any trouble. Then again, I've been there three times and it was rather crowded with many vehicles.

B

BULLDOG6

Jun 15, 2015
Ownership

1. Big Red

About two years ago I met with the Superintendent at Little River, about opening it back up. No luck. Quoted some law from back in Pres Nixon days.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Indeed, that part is closed but the guy takes down the trail closed signs and makes the issue worse on purpose. One day he's going to pull that on someone who shoots him.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
@joeymt33 what's the one across TN line, Prentiss Cooper?

Yes, prentice cooper. I used to live close enough that I rode my Forman to the trails and never trailered there. It has always been a great place to ride. Nice scenery, smooth fast trails, and there are rocks, hills, and mud for those that want it.

Reactions: BULLDOG6
B

BULLDOG6

Jun 15, 2015
Ownership

1. Big Red

Figot to say congrats on the new Pioneer when it comes in! The silver is #1. I don't have one either. But hope it is as good as my ole MUV700

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Figot to say congrats on the new Pioneer when it comes in! The silver is #1. I don't have one either. But hope it is as good as my ole MUV700

the more I look at @Hondasxs machine the more I want to Plastidip or wrap my 1000 I like the full black look, the silver is nice but his grows on me a bit more each time I see it.

B

BULLDOG6

Jun 15, 2015
Ownership

1. Big Red
the more I look at @Hondasxs machine the more I want to Plastidip or wrap my 1000 I like the full black look, the silver is nice but his grows on me a bit more each time I see it.
I got a black SE edition yami. Screw that. Never seen a silver side by side in the woods

advertisement