P1000 Arizona heat and windshield recommendations.

A

arizonasteeler

Mar 23, 2016
mesa arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-3
can anyone recommend a good windshield that there running in 90* temps and higher that will let some air through the bottom to push the heat away but still maintain some protection that a windshield gives you, i bought a super atv 1/2 windshield and it was removed after 10 minutes do to low pressure in the cab causing excessive heat, i don"t want to buy a high dollar one until i get some feed back from people that may have some solutions my cab temps are good without it due to some insulation mods i did.

whayden2003

whayden2003

Mar 3, 2016
Slaughter,LA
I have the Honda 2 piece hard coat. I like it when it's open. The air comes above my head but still moves some air. Still causes the low pressure you are talking about. I wonder if the super atv flip out one would work for you.

Jbird

Jbird

Jan 6, 2016
Mena, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes the Super ATV Flip windshield does work in the heat but the clamps that attach to the roll cage on our P1K-5 are poorly designed.

Reactions: arizonasteeler
A

arizonasteeler

Mar 23, 2016
mesa arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What's this low pressure in the cab?
What's this low pressure in the cab?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
if there is no front or back window installed the air moves freely at a high pressure through the cab when driving more or less equal to the outside, less dust build up and temp is noticed. when a front window is installed you will notice less air moving past you and an increase in dust coming in from everywhere { low pressure moving around you inside high pressure outside of vehicle pushing it in } some people say a back window installed with a front will help the dust issue i cant speak for that but i know it wont help for heat. PS i'm sure there are some people that can explain it on a more scientific level.

Sent from my iPhone using Taplatalk

T

taylorman

Jun 19, 2016
Lafayette La
Oh man that's my problem. I have a complete cab system. Glass windshield and soft front and rear doors and rear panel. Yesterday I had all windows rolled down and dust was aweful. I need a different windshield for summer time. Would the Honda split windshield help with airflow to reduce the dust. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: arizonasteeler
SMS239

SMS239

Oct 7, 2016
California
Ownership

1. 1000-5
can anyone recommend a good windshield that there running in 90* temps and higher that will let some air through the bottom to push the heat away but still maintain some protection that a windshield gives you, i bought a super atv 1/2 windshield and it was removed after 10 minutes do to low pressure in the cab causing excessive heat, i don"t want to buy a high dollar one until i get some feed back from people that may have some solutions my cab temps are good without it due to some insulation mods i did.

I have the Honda oem half wind deflector. I live where it gets hot as well so I moved the windshield up so there's an inch gap between the bottom of the windshield and dash, this allows air to flow over the top and bottom but the windshield keeps the wind out of your face. The oem windshield comes with quick connect clamps so you can slide the windshield back down and seal it against the dash when the weather gets colder.