P1000 Any homemade glass windshield assemblies?

Blackwolf

Blackwolf

Dec 10, 2016
Alberta
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just curios if anyone has made their own windshield assembly for a glass insert/wipers, and if they have any advice. I priced out the windshield and wiper kit and well….. I am going to price out laminated glass, aluminum vs metal to save some weight and wiper kits. Pretty sure I have found my next project

Reactions: popeye
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just curios if anyone has made their own windshield assembly for a glass insert/wipers, and if they have any advice. I priced out the windshield and wiper kit and well….. I am going to price out laminated glass, aluminum vs metal to save some weight and wiper kits. Pretty sure I have found my next project

If it will open 3-6" for airflow ....Make two.

Reactions: JTW
lrandy129

lrandy129

Curmudgeon
Lifetime Member
Nov 4, 2016
NELA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If it will open fully, make three! :)

The Armor Tech one is close, but folding down onto the front hood will create problems for me. I'd rather it tip up on gas shocks.

@CumminsPusher made his own and it is nice, but beyond my fab skills.

Reactions: JTW and ohanacreek
C

CYRIL

May 26, 2016
UTAH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
845e40d6f08aecc813ddfbe25a6f1419

Not completely home made, but did solve the problem. I bought a washer kit off eBay for $18 and two manual wipers still need to install

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Blackwolf
J

JTW

If it will open fully, make three! :)

The Armor Tech one is close, but folding down onto the front hood will create problems for me. I'd rather it tip up on gas shocks.

@CumminsPusher made his own and it is nice, but beyond my fab skills.
Make it 4 if it does that!