P500 Any first hand experience with the superatv flip out windshield?

J

JTW

I guess the title kinda sums it up. Does anyone have much first hand experience with the superatv flip out windshield? It seems to be what will fit my needs best. But I'm concerned about how they hold up and driving with it fully open. Let me know your thoughts or if there are similar products with the same features for the p500.

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
I guess the title kinda sums it up. Does anyone have much first hand experience with the superatv flip out windshield? It seems to be what will fit my needs best. But I'm concerned about how they hold up and driving with it fully open. Let me know your thoughts or if there are similar products with the same features for the p500.
Hi JTW my brother has one and as long as I've been riding with him he has not ran with it open as far as I know but it is always cracked open. I have liked his so much that I have one waiting for me at the house and I will be installing it ASAP so I can go for a ride the same day. The only time I've seen my brothers open all the way we where parked waiting for a shower to pass us by. I'll be home in three weeks.

Reactions: JTW
Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
Hi JTW my brother has one and as long as I've been riding with him he has not ran with it open as far as I know but it is always cracked open. I have liked his so much that I have one waiting for me at the house and I will be installing it ASAP so I can go for a ride the same day. The only time I've seen my brothers open all the way we where parked waiting for a shower to pass us by. I'll be home in three weeks.
The main reason for him not rasing the windshield he said is bicous the wind gets compressed through the smoller opening and cools u doun better than wide open and it does a much better job at keeping dust out.

Reactions: rocmar and JTW
C

cisco1

Jul 13, 2016
ILL.
Can you open the hood with the Super ATV Flip Windshield? It appears would be rather tough.
Next question, can you modify or change the bottom portion to create more space to lift up back of hood?

Reactions: rocmar
J

JTW

Can you open the hood with the Super ATV Flip Windshield? It appears would be rather tough.
Next question, can you modify or change the bottom portion to create more space to lift up back of hood?
I have one now.. hood is a no. I'm planning on just using the under hood storage for electrical so that's no big deal for me. However with a Phillips and an Allen head the lower portion of the windshield could easily be loosened and raised to access.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
C

cisco1

Jul 13, 2016
ILL.
I have one now.. hood is a no. I'm planning on just using the under hood storage for electrical so that's no big deal for me. However with a Phillips and an Allen head the lower portion of the windshield could easily be loosened and raised to access.
JTW,
Appreciate yer help. That is what I was expecting. I do not want a windshield that blocks access to hood.
I also reading clamp issues with this windshield.
Best,
Chuck

J

JTW

JTW,
Appreciate yer help. That is what I was expecting. I do not want a windshield that blocks access to hood.
I also reading clamp issues with this windshield.
Best,
Chuck
The clamp issues are on the machines with larger diameter roll bars. On the p500 it works pretty slick!

advertisement
J

JTW

Jtw you like that windshield?
From what I've been able to ride since putting it on.. yes! It's a b**** if you need under the hood. But that's not an issue for me. And I notice it leaves a 2-3 inch gap between it at the roof.. I question if that will pose a problem in rain, snow or dust. But otherwise I think it's pretty sweet t be able to open it. It is noticeably louder with the roof and windshield.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
With full windshield hood storage
is a hassle...
Big Black Box
.....solves storage problems

Reactions: lipcurl and JTW
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
From what I've been able to ride since putting it on.. yes! It's a b**** if you need under the hood. But that's not an issue for me. And I notice it leaves a 2-3 inch gap between it at the roof.. I question if that will pose a problem in rain, snow or dust. But otherwise I think it's pretty sweet t be able to open it. It is noticeably louder with the roof and windshield.
Sound barrier

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Show pic
of windshield
& close up...
of clamps

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Yup.. I bought some. I just don't like the shinny so I'm going to buy some 1/4 rubber mat
Shiny side down.
carpet looking side up

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Yup.. I bought some. I just don't like the shinny so I'm going to buy some 1/4 rubber mat
Oh....ok
don't think rubber
will melt.../ catch fire
.......no pun.....intended

Reactions: JTW
Spellmajr

Spellmajr

Jul 10, 2016
North MS
Ownership

1. 500

What roof do you have?

advertisement